'I'll take a cookie'

*ੈ✩‧₊˚

Converse hit the cement as Sarah walked along beside the girls, feet landing perfectly between each crack.

After the events of last nights spin the bottle game, El insisted they check out Max's house and ensure Billy was okay.

"It's gonna start pouring soon. We should be at the mall or, like, watching a movie or something." Max suggested.

"You don't believe me?" The brunette asked dejected.

"I believe you saw some super weird stuff, totally, but you said Mike has sensed you before, right? So maybe it was just like that. Maybe Billy just.. sensed you somehow." El just shook her head.

"But the screams."

"Yeah, I know but here's the thing. When Billy is alone with a girl, they make like really crazy noises." Max continued.

"Oh my lord Red, stop." Rah laughed along with Anna.

"They scream?" Asked Eleven.

"Yeah but like happy screams." The redhead told her, despite being told to stop.

"Happy screams? What is happy screams?" The girl still didn't understand.

"Happy screams is when people are together and-" Anna began to explain.

"No!" Rah stopped her, "not my poor sister with the face of innocence." She joked.

" I'm just gonna lend you my moms 'cosmo.'" Concluded Max.

The four girls stopped walking when they reached Max's house.

"His cars not here." Rah observed.

"Are you sure you want to do this?" Anna asked them.

Sarah stepped forward, making the first move and leading them inside.

-

Sarah was making her way through the house looking between each room when she heard the girls in the bathroom.

"Jesus Christ." She muttered when she found El holding up a bloody whistle.

"What do we do now?" Asked Anna.

The three girls looked to one another, nodding their heads in agreement.

Sarah, Max, El and Anna walked into the pool and up to the counter.

"Excuse me." Max gained the employees attention.

"No one in the water until 30 minutes after the last strike." The boy deadpanned. " and don't try and argue with me, you wanna get electrocuted go climb a tree.

"Yeah, mate. We're not here to swim.. or get electrocuted." Sassed Rah.

"We found this." El told him, holding up the lifeguard pack.

"Does that belong to anybody here?"

"Oh yeah, that's heathers. I'll get it back to her." The boy told them.

"Oh." Muttered Anna.

"We could give it back to her." El assured him

"You could. Except she's not here. Bailed on me today. Wait aren't you Heathers sister?" The lifeguard asked, looking at the long haired girl.

Anna quickly nodded before the girls walked away to where El had found a photo of the girl.

The girls went around and turned on all the showers in the bathroom while Sarah covered up two pairs of goggles.

"Hey," Rah called, placing a hand on Anna's arm, "I'm sure your sisters fine, don't worry." She offered.

The girl pursed her lips and nodded before sitting down on the ground ready to watch the two girls.

In the void, El and Sarah walked towards a post box where a red door appeared.

The girls gave each other a look of affirmation before entering, where they found a bathtub. Sarah looked around as she moved closer before the silence was torn apart as Heather sat up out of the bath, frightening the girls.

Sarah tried to reach forward as the girl asked for help but fell as the bathtub collapsed under her and the older girl was being pulled away from them under the flooring of the void.

The girls ripped off their blindfolds and left the void. Sarah quickly stood up ignoring her name and walked over to the sink where she splashed her face with water.

-

"Is this it?" Max asked as they stood out the front of the Holloway house.

"Yep." Anna confirmed. The girl reached forward for the handle and pulled but it wouldn't budge.

"Damn," she cursed before walking over to a pot plant and lifting it up to reveal a key. "Let's go."

The girls walked into the house, through the threshold and into the dining room where they found Heathers family.

"Anna!" Her mother greeted, standing up to hug her daughter, "where've you been?"

"And who have you brought into my house?" Tom asked.

"Oh I'm sorry, Janet, Tom. This is my sister, Maxine." Billy introduced them.

"They're my new friends, mom, daddy." Anna explained.

"Oh!"

"What on earth are you doing here?" Asked Billy, "is something wrong?"

"We just wanted to make sure everything was okay." Max told him.

"Okay? Why wouldn't it be okay?"

"Where is she?" El demanded. Billy looked from Max to Sarah to El.

"I'm sorry, where is who?" He asked.

Sarah heard an evident sigh of relief from Anna as Heather walked into the dining room.

"Heather! This is my sister Maxine, her friend Rah and I'm sorry I did not quite catch your name." Said Billy.

"El."

"Now what is it you were saying El? You were looking for somebody?" The boy pushed.

Eleven looked around confused muttering her words before Anna finished for her.

"We went to the pool today, they said Heather didn't show up, so I was just worried for my older sister. Y'know?" Anna answered, challenging Billy.

"Heather wasn't feeling so hot today, so we thought we'd take the day off and nurse her back to health. But you're feeling just fine right now, aren't you Heather?"

"I'm feeling so much better." Heather concluded. "Do you girls want a cookie, they're fresh out of the oven."

The girls all shook their heads while Sarah stepped forward to take a few, grabbing them from the tray and taking a bit out of one.

"I'm having a sleepover with my friends again tonight." Anna told her parents before they were off again.

The girls rode back to Max's house on their bikes, Max with Rah and El with Anna.

Sarah's grip on Max's waist loosened as her vision went blurry and she fell off the bike, passing out.