'Everyone is fighting'

*ੈ✩‧₊˚

Rah ran through the school in search of Will. She wiped at her nose as blood trickled out and put pressure on her aching neck.

The girl was too distracted with her thoughts as she ran into someone knocking them over,

"Oh my god, Max I'm so sorry." Rah laughed out, holding her hand out for the girl to take.

Rah looked around at Max and Dustin before she saw Mrs. Byers walking toward them.

They all greeted each other in a rushed manner before Lucas ran through the doors telling them to follow him out to the field.

The five of them ran after him, Rah running ahead upon seeing Will in a seizure like trance.

"Oh my gosh, Will!" she called, moving forward to shake him but as soon as she laid a hand on the boy, she was thrown back a few meters, hitting her head as she went.

"Rah!" She faintly heard someone yell before her ears went void of any noise.

The girl slowly opened her eyes, expecting the harsh sun to be shining down into them but instead, her breath got caught in her throat as she looked up to see a giant shadow hovering above her.

Rah quickly stood herself up, wobbling on her feet and looking over to the small boy.

"Will!"

The girl sprinted towards him, failing to knock him away from the oncoming shadow figure.

She watched as the creature consumed Will, entering him.

Rah quickly moved out her arms using her abilities to grab the shadow from the boys nose and mouth, forcibly removing it.

But the girl was kicked back again as the smoke threw her away.

"Rah!" She could hear someone yelling.

The girl quickly opened her eyes, grasping the arms of the person holding her.

"It's okay," Max comforted her.

Rah tried her best to catch her breath as she cried into Max's shoulder.

"I couldn't help him." The girl muttered, the red head looked down at her with a raised eyebrow.

"Who couldn't you help?"

"Will."

-

After reassuring Joyce that she didn't need a ride, Rah slowly walked back to her locker to grab her bag.

"Hey" A voice spoke from behind her making the girl jump.

Rah turned around to see Max looking at her sympathetically, the girl cringed internally, she hated sympathy.

"Are you okay?" she asked.

"Yeah I'm fine, my head hurts a little though," she admitted chuckling.

"It would, wouldn't it. You hit it pretty hard." Rah nodded in return.

The girl turned back around as Max came beside her, leaning on the next locker.

"Did you want to walk home together?" asked the red head.

Rah smirked at her, "of course I do."

The girls made conversation as they walked along the road, Rah knew that Max wanted to ask about what had happened but she didn't have an answer so prompted to continuously ask more questions.

"This is me," Max told the girl after a while, stopping at a house along Old Cherry Road. "are you sure you're okay to walk back to yours alone?"

"I'll be fine Red." Rah assured her.