'Trick or treat?'

*ੈ✩‧₊˚

Rah sat at the table in the kitchen, swinging her legs back and forth while her dad made breakfast.

"When do you reckon El can leave?" the girl asked him.

Hopper sighed and looked over at her, "you know it's not safe for her, in fact, it's a risk letting you out."

"I know," Rah admitted, "but she always seems so upset with me, it's not like I can help it."

The girl got up and walked towards the bathroom, running into El as she walked past with a sheet covering head.

Rah opened the bathroom cabinet grabbing out the concealer that Nancy had leant her, applying it to her wrist.

"Rah! Breakfast!"

-

Rah walked into school, grimacing when she saw the boys in their Halloween costumes.

"Whoa, whoa. Why are you Venkman?" Mike questioned Lucas. "Because I'm Venkman."

"No, I'm Venkman." Rah walked up standing between Mike and Dustin. "Why don't you guys both be Venkman?" she asked.

"Because there's only one Venkman in real life," Mike argued. "We planned this months ago!"

"I'm Venkman, Dustin's Stantz, Will is Egon, Lucas was Winston and you were supposed to be Slimer." He told her.

Rah scrunched up her face, "you thought I was actually gonna dress up as a fat blob?" Mike rolled his eyes at her in response.

"I specifically didn't agree to Winston," Lucas continues. "Yes, you did!"

"I don't think he did," Will said unsurely. "No one wants to be Winston, man."

"What's wrong with Winston?" asked Mike.

"What's wrong with Winston? He joined the team super late, he's not funny and he's not even a real scientist!" Lucas argued.

"Yeah, but he's still cool." the dark haired boy stuttered. "If he's so cool, then you be Winston."

"I can't!" Mike answered. "Why not?"

"Because.."

"B.. b. Because you're not black?" Lucas sassed.

Rah gasped melodramatically turning towards the boy. "Are you being racist Michael?"

"I didn't say that!" he defended. "You basically did."

"Guys, guys.. Guys!" Dustin called out. "Why is no one else wearing costumes?"

"Damn" Rah looked at Mike, "that sucks for you." she then turned towards the other boys. "Sorry guys."

-

Rah took a deep breath, shaking her shoulders before walking up the red head girl.

"Hey, Max" she greeted. The girl turned her head, smiling up at the blonde girl.

"Hey, Rah. I see your little friends decided to dress up."

The girl nodded her head, grinning at her new friend. "Mike wanted me to be Slimer, can you believe that?"

Rah looked down the hall to see Dustin and Lucas watching them converse. The girl grabbed Max's hand dragging her to their next class.

-

After classes had ended, Rah walked back to her locker, dropping off her books. Furrowing her eyebrows, when the girl looked down the hallway to see Dustin and Lucas talking to Max.