'Stalkers'

*ੈ✩‧₊˚

The next day, Rah sat in her dad's car playing with the radio as he drove her to school. 

"I don't want another call from the school telling me that my daughter has punched someone else in the face today, okay?" Hopper spoke sternly.

The girl grinned and looked up at her father, "But they deserved it."

The man sighed, "yeah I know, Just try for me. Please." he begged.

In response, the girl just slid down the seat groaning overdramatically.

-

After she arriving at school, Rah had just taken a step onto the road when a blue Camaro sped in front of her making the girl jump back to avoid getting hit.

"Slow down, asshole!" She shouted, watching as the girl in the car turned to yell at the boy driving. "Jesus Christ," she mumbled.

Rah walked down the school hallway, science book in hand stopping when she arrived next to Will.

"Hey Will." She greeted him. The boy quickly scrunched up the paper he was holding and threw it in his locker. "Hey Rah."

Rah raised an eyebrow at Will's behavior, "what was that?" she asked. "It was nothing." the boy assured her.

"Are you sure? You can talk to me if something bothers you, you know that right?" The girl told him. Will sighed and opened his locker again, pulling out the clipping.

Rah looked down at what he was showing her, furrowing her eyebrows as she read it.

"Do you know who put this is in here?" she asked carefully. Will shook his head in response.

The girl nodded slowly. "Lets go to class."

-

Rah sat at her desk in the back row of the science classroom, the same desk she sat in last year before everything went down.

She was tapping her fingers against the wood in a rhythmic pattern with one hand, the other holding up her head while Mr. Clark spoke about the brain.

"Meet the Human brain," Mr. Clark started, "I know. I know, it doesn't look like much. A little gross even, right? but consider this."

The teacher was about to continue, but was interrupted by Rah's head hitting the desk as her arm gave out underneath her.

The girl sunk down into her chair as everybody turned to look at her, "are you alright back there, Rah?" Mr. Clark asked her.

"Yeah, sorry." The girl apologized. He nodded at her before continuing his talk about the brain just to get interrupted for the second time.

The door to the classroom opened to reveal the principal and a red head girl.

Ah, the one who nearly ran me over.

"This must be our new student." Mr. Clark acknowledges. "Indeed it is. all yours."

As the principal left the room, the girl tried to walk off but was stopped by the science teacher.

"All right. Hold up. You don't get away that easy, come on up. Don't be shy" Mr. Clark told the her. "Dustin, drum roll."

Rah held back her smirk as the boy tapped his book for the girl who stood awkwardly in front of the class.

"Class." Mr. Clark directed to everyone, "please welcome, all the way from sunny California, the latest passenger to join us on our curiosity voyage, Maxine."

"It's Max." The girl corrected. "Sorry?"

"Nobody calls me Maxine, it's Max." Rah lifted her head off of her desk and looked up at the boys. MadMax.

"Well, all aboard Max." Mr. Clark finished.

The blonde girl rolls her eyes as she watches the boys all turn their heads, following the girl as she sits down.

-

Rah exited the school doors as she searched for the party. She walked around the side of the building to see the boys leaning up against a wired fence. She followed their line of sight to see that they were watching the new girl.

Rah shook her head as she walked up behind them, "what are you guys doing?" she asked loudly, catching there attention.

"They think that's MadMax." Mike informs her, "But there's no way"

"Wait, why wouldn't it be MadMax?" Rah asks him.

"Because girls don't play video games, and even if they did, you can't get 750 000 points on Dig Dug." Will told her, The girl hit the boy upside the head.

"First, it was 750 300 and second, don't be sexist William, I held that high score longer than you guys did." Rah remarked.

"But her name is Max." the curly haired boy observed. The girl Pursed her lip and looked over to the red head.

"I'm going to get some lunch." Rah muttered to the boys, walking away.

Max watched as the blonde girl walked past her and up the stairs, the red head following her but not before chucking a letter into the bin.

"Hey!" Max called out. Rah furrowed her eyebrows as she turned her head to see the girl running up behind her.

"Yes?" The blonde asks as Max caught up to her. "I just wanted to apologize, for this morning."

"Oh, you mean when I nearly got run over?" Rah asked sarcastically making the girl stutter.

"Um yeah, I'm sorry about my step-brother he's a.." Max struggled to find the word. "A psycho?" Rah finished for her. "Yeah." the girl chuckled.

"Don't worry about it." she told her. "Hey, can I ask a question?" Max looked over at Rah, nodding her head.

"Are you MadMax?" asked the blonde. "Yeah," Max laughed out, "why do you ask?"

"You took my high score." Rah confessed, fake glaring at the other girl.

"Huh, really? Well maybe you should try a bit harder next time" Max teased. Rah's mouth fell open.

"I guess I just need someone to teach me then." Rah hinted, grinning over at Max.

"How about this afternoon?"

-

Rah made her way to the arcade, about to walk in before she spotted Lucas and Dustin across the carpark, binoculars to their eyes.

"What the hell are you guys doing?" The girl asked, walking over to them.

"Rah" Dustin gasped, "we aren't..we aren't doing anything." the boy said, hiding the binoculars behind his back.

The girl stood in fornt of the boys with her arms crossed. "So you aren't spying on Max?"

"What, no!" Lucas defends them. "Why would we be spying on Max? That's crazy."

The girl raised her eyebrows at them. "Wait, how do you know Max is here?" Asked Dustin.

"Uh, because we're hanging out? I'm not creepy like you guys. I actually spoke to her." Answered Rah.

Dustin and Lucas looked violated, how dare she hang out with Max without them?

Rah suppressed a laugh and shook her head, walking back towards the arcade heading over to Max.