'Girlfriend?!'

*ੈ✩‧₊˚

The sun shone through the window, hitting the redhead as she slept. Sarah watched admirably as the light bled over the girls freckles and across her lips.

Both girls had spent the night at Max's house after watching 'Day of the Dead' the previous evening.

Rah continued to trace Max's figure with her eyes smiling slightly as her cheeks tinted red, ever since the night of the snowball the blonde was convinced she had been turned into what she felt was a giant pile of mashed potato, mushy.

She was too stubborn to admit it out loud but the redhead had made her soft.

Max slowly began to tumble under the sheets, arms opening wide into a stretch as she woke. The girl smiled as she caught Sarah's eyes, putting her arm around her and pulling the blonde closer.

The two girls lay face to face before Rah leaned forward quickly kissing the tip of her girlfriend's nose.

"We have to go see Dustin." Sarah broke the silence.

Max groaned, burrowing her head under the covers, the other girl playfully rolled her eyes before getting out of bed and ripping the sheets off of the redhead.

Max gasped before sitting up and turning around to grab a pillow and throw it at Sarah.

-

The girls arrived at Dustin's house where they met with their friends to surprise the boy who would arrive home from summer camp.

"Hey, Beau" Sarah greeted, Beau was a new friend of the party's. The group had met him during the last year after he moved to Hawkins. The girl never understood how he became friends with them, he was way too cool for them, well, not Sarah, no one could be as cool as herself.

"Rah! How are you?" the boy replied, grinning at her. 

"I'm great," she answered, grabbing at Max's hand.

The group stood behind a wall in the Henderson household, El and Sarah moving Dustin's toys out into the living room.

The group of friends walked up quietly behind the boy, streamers in hand.

Max counted down from three, signaling the group to surprise their friend. Rah couldn't comprehend what happened next but it ended up with Dustin spraying Lucas in the eyes while he screamed and Mike and Sarah falling on top of Beau while the two other girls laughed.

"Oh no, I'm dead." Beau cried out sarcastically.

"Bike Wheels, get your scrawny ass off of me." Rah laughed pushing the taller boy off her and making her way into the kitchen were she found her girlfriend and Lucas.

"How're you feelin' Luc-ass?"

Lucas raised his thumb from where he was placed under the sink, Max by his side.

"Better?" asked Max. "still stings."

"Is that a new zit?" the boy stupidly asks.

"What is wrong with you?" Max says exasperatedly while Sarah begins to laugh.

The red head looked over to the group heading out the door.

"What's going on?" she asks.

"Going to talk to Dustin's girlfriend." Will told them. 

The trio look to each other in shock.

"Girlfriend?!"

-

Sarah ran up the grass hill ahead of her friends, the wind blowing the hair back from her face.

She could hear the party behind her as they whined about the walk but she was on a roll. The girl looked back to see how far her friends were behind when she saw them stopped while El and Mike waltzed back down the hill.

"What the hell?" she voiced, hoping she was loud enough for her sister to hear, but she didn't. The group continued up the hill making their way up when her nose began to bleed.

The girl wiped at her nose in confusion before there was stinging in the scar on her back. She looked at her friends, catching eyes with Will who just shook his head.

They finally reached the top, Rah before everyone else. The girl stripped off her shirt, leaving her in her sports bra, bare abdomen showing.

Max blushed as she looked at her girlfriend but furrowed her eyebrows when she spotted her back.

"Rah Rah, is your back bleeding again?" she asked.

Sarah twisted her body to find the scar from last year to be bleeding black blood.

"Ew, what the fuck." she muttered but ignored it.

"Now, you ready to meet my love?" Dustin asked them after they had put together his radio.

"Of course, Dust-bin"

The group of friends watched as Dustin tried to call his girlfriend that never answered.

Continuously. Until it was dark.

"Dustin, come on! She's not there." Max finally broke the cycle. "She's there all right. She'll pick up."

"Maybe cerebro doesn't work." Will suggested.

"Or maybe," Lucas started, "Suzie doesn't exist."

"She exists!" Dustin defended himself.

Sarah sighed throwing the twigs she was playing with at Beau.

"Dustin, I'm sure she exists but it is getting late, how about we try tomorrow?" she suggested.

"She's a genius and she's hotter than Phoebe Cates? No girl is that perfect." Lucas told him.

"Oof" expressed Beau, while Rah slowly turned her head towards the boy.

"What did you say?" she asked timidly. Max smirked at her girlfriend as she watched Lucas grow uncomfortable under her gaze.

"I mean," he tried to save himself, "you guys are perfect.. Perfect in your own way."

"Relax, we're just teasing. We're obviously perfect and Dustin's obviously lying." the redhead told him.

"I wasn't joking," Rah muttered.

"Come on Rah Rah, let's go home." Max offered her hand.

Sarah got up and walked over to Dustin and gave him a hug before promising to call him the next day to hang out.

The girls joined hands before simultaneously walking down the hill.