'When did I ask?'

*ੈ✩‧₊˚

"He's with, Wills mom." Heard Sarah.

The girl groaned as she rolled onto her side, ignoring the sharp pain in her skull. Her friends were in a circle around Eleven, blindfold on, as they watched her.

It was the morning after now, everyone had stayed over night in Mikes basement, Sarah having passed out as soon as her head hit the couch and only just waking up.

"My- my mom?" She listened.

"What are they doing?" The girl groaned again as she heard Max speak.

"Ill.. annoy." Eleven replied. "They're going to Ill-annoy." What's going on?

"Illinois? Illinois, like the state?" Mike asked her.

"No Mike, like the ice cream." Rah half-joked.

The party turned towards the girl, Anna and Will immediately standing up to help her walk over despite her argues.

"That doesn't even make sense." The boy rolled his eye with a smile, "how are you feeling?"

"Y'know, like my sister and my ex-girlfriend threw me into a boiling sauna with a psychotic teenage boy, as good as you can be." She told him sarcastically, side eying the girls.

-

Sarah stood in the bathroom as she wiped away the blood on her forehead that fell from her skull with a damp cloth, Anna stood beside her when El and Max stumbled through the door laughing.

Immediately the laughing died down and the girls all stood still awkwardly gazing at each other.

"I think I'm done." Claimed Sarah, placing the cloth back down into the sink.

As she moved past the two girls after Anna, Max reached down to grab her wrist making her instantly recoil.

"Can we talk." Urged the red head.

"There's nothing to talk about right now." Sarah told her.

"It's not my fault, I just thought-" she started but got cut off.

"When?" The blonde remarked. Max scrunched her face in confusion.

"When what?" She questioned.

"When did I ask?" Sarah laughed along with Anna. The two walking out of the bathroom, leaving the girls to themselves.

"What are they doing in there?" Asked Mike as they walked out.

"Don't know, don't care." The blonde grumbled.

Sarah walked over to a desk at the back of the basement looking through all of the drawings and photos when a knock on the door pulled her out of her thoughts.

Nancy and Jonathan.

Everyone sat down in a circle again, Sarah leaning her back up against Lucas as he ran his fingers down her arm, Max watching with envy from across the room.

"And look at this," Nancy told them, "look at the body temperatures."

"He likes it cold," Will repeated.

"Okay, so this crazy old women who was eating fertiliser-" Mike started.

"Mrs Driscoll."

"Right, yeah, Mrs Driscoll. What time was this attack?" Mike asked.

"Last night." Nancy told him.

"Right, but what time last night?" He quipped.

"Around nine."

"You waited all night to call?"Jonathan fretted.

"It's not like I would know, I was too busy catching concussion's." Sarah added.

"I was waiting for the doctors to run some tests." The oldest girl replied to her boyfriend.

"Can you stop going on about it like that?" Max asked, rolling her eyes.

"You weren't there?" Will implored his brother.

"Maybe if I wasn't thrown into a sauna, I wouldn't need to talk about it." The blonde girl jeered.

"Well I'm here now, aren't I?" The oldest boy replied.

"Hallelujah." Nancy muttered sarcastically.

"Ooh." Sighed Lucas.

"Wait, thrown into a sauna? Why was Sarah in the sauna?"

"Let's not talk about it now." The red head responded.

"No actually, I think I will talk about it, Thank you." The blonde announced.

"There's no time right now, tell her later." Mike cut her off and directed a question at his sister.

"What did you want to say?"

"Oh, what time was your sauna test?" She asked.

"Around nine." Everybody answered.

"Well, that proves it. That proves my theory." Nancy summed up.

"She's flayed just like Billy." Mike suggested.

"Flayed?" Asked Jonathan.

"The mind flayer, he flays people. Takes over their mind. Once they do that, they basically become him." He theorised.

"If there are two flayed, we have to assume there are more." Lucas and Will spoke together.

"Heather." El breathed out. "Billy was doing something to her."

Sarah looked over towards Anna, muttering a quick 'are you okay' to which she got a slight nod.

"She was scared," Eleven continued, "bad screams."

"What's a good scream?" Lucas asked.

"Max said-"

"Doesn't matter." Max cut her off.

"I'm sorry, I'm lost. Who is Heather?" Nancy questioned.

"She's a lifeguard at the pool." The red head explained.

"Heather Holloway?" Nancy asked alarmingly, "Tom."

Everyone looked to one another as Anna spoke.

"My family."

-