'What. was. that.'

*ੈ✩‧₊˚

Back at the Byers, Rah was standing in the bathroom as she maneuvered herself to get a better look at the cut going down her back in the mirror.

Her father had insisted on taking a look in case it needed stitches but the girl refused and stalked off to take a look at it herself.

Rah winced as she peeled the bloody shirt off the wound, revealing a deep open cut. She definitely needed stitches.  But the girl was stubborn and wasn't going to accept being wrong that easily.

The sound of Rah's small top and jacket hitting the floor could be heard throughout the bathroom, leaving the girl in just her bra when a small knock sounded on the door.

Rah carefully moved towards it, opening the door and poking out her head.

Max stood with a sly smile on her face, waiting to be welcomed in.

The blonde motioned her arm and shut the door behind her.

"The chief asked me to come check on you." The redhead said, before turning around to face Rah, her face going as red as her hair.

The girl in question just smirked as she turned to the mirror, discreetly watching as Max stared at her abdomen.

"He worries too much," Rah admitted to her, Max scrunched up her nose in thought.

"I get that it's his job but why does he care about you so much?" she asked.

Rah furrowed her eyebrows as she turned to the girl.

"Did Lucas not tell you?" questioned the girl.

"The only thing he told me about you was that you were in the lab and now you have super cool powers," Max admitted.

The blonde's mouth formed an 'O' shape when she realized that Max didn't even know her full name.

"Oh," Rah started, "well, he's my father."

Max gave the girl a dumbfounded look but Rah continued before she could speak.

"And my real name's actually Sarah, not Rah."

Sarah smiled sheepishly over at the other girl while she watched Max's eyes flicker across her face, looking for any trace of a lie.

"Sar Sar." the redhead suddenly said.

Rah raised an eyebrow at her in surprise.

"What?" she asked exasperatedly. Max laughed at the girl's expression before explaining.

"You get Red, so I get to call you Sar Sar."

The blonde girl joined in, laughing with Max until she had to put pressure on her back to stop it from uncontrollably bleeding again.

Max moved closer to Sarah to take a better look at her wound, shivering as the girls breath hit her neck.

"I think you should go show your dad," she told her.

Rah mumbled to herself in disagreement causing the redhead to raise an eyebrow at her.

"Really?" Max reprimanded.

Sarah sighed dramatically before going to open the door but stopped when she felt Max's hand wrap around her wrist pulling her back.

Suddenly the girl felt the warmth of the redhead on her lips, but before she could react, the feeling was gone along with Max out the door.

The girl stood frozen in place like she had become paralyzed and was now immobile.

Rah just stood staring ahead where Max had just walked out. What. was. That.

She finally snapped out of her trance when she heard, her father yelling to someone she assumed was on the phone.

The girl walked back to the mirror, putting her shirt on to keep pressure on the cut and pulling her jacket over top before walking out the door.

Sarah walked out to see Lucas, Dustin, Mike, and Max who she avoided eye contact with, sitting at the table.

"So," she started, "what are we all doing-" but was interrupted by Mike who got up and grabbed Bob's old mind games.

"Did you guys know that Bob was the original founder of Hawkins AV club?" the boy asked.

"Wow, great timing Michael," Sarah murmured sarcastically.

"Really?" asked Dustin, interested.

"He petitioned the school to start it and everything, then he had a fundraiser for equipment. Mr. Clark learned everything from him." Mike explained.

The blonde girl smiled fondly.

"We can't let him die in vain." expressed the boy, getting a nod of agreement from Rah.

"Well, what do you want to do Mike?" Dustin jeered. "The chiefs right on this, we can't stop those demo dogs on our own."

"Demo Dogs?" repeated Max.

"Demogorgon. Dogs." the boy started, gesturing with his hands. "Demo dogs. It's like a compound, like a play on words"

"Okay." The redhead stopped him.

Rah cringed.

The group then continued to talk and discuss the idea of 'his army.'