'I have something for you'

*ੈ✩‧₊˚

THREE MONTHS LATER

Sarah's heart broke watching her friends, as they mocked Dustin. Today was the day in which the Byers, El and Sarah were moving to California.

After the incident at Star court Mall, the two sisters moved in with the family. Not long since they had joined the Byers, they found out they were being relocated much to Sarah's distaste. The girl refused and insisted she would live by herself before moving away from Hawkins, which didn't work out.

Sarah walked away from Dustin, Max, Anna, Beau and Lucas to go grab the rest of her things from the shared room with El. She stopped at the door way as she watched Mike grab down El's bear, sighing the girl leaned against the wall just outside so she didn't intrude on them, groaning in disgust when she heard the two kiss.

As El walked out of the room, Sarah walked in pulling a face at Mike.

'That was so gross, my stomach nearly opened up again,' she joked, picking up her last box.

'says you,' the boy retorted, Sarah looked at the floor as she thought about Max, the two never got back together and were slowly drifting apart after the 'Mall fire.' Mike noticed this.

'Don't worry about it Rah,' he consoled her, 'you guys like each other too much, it makes me nauseous,' he relayed her joke back to the girl, Sarah smiled as he tried to cheer her up.

'I will actually miss you, believe it or not,' she told him earnestly.

'wow, really? I might actually miss you too,' the two of them chuckled before continuing on with what they're doing.

As Sarah put her last box in the back of the truck she noticed a vinyl sticking out, the girl picked it up and held it in front of her as she walked back inside.

'Max,' the girl called out, the redhead looked up in surprise to see Sarah standing at the door way with a shy smile.

'I have something for you,' the girl told Max, handing the vinyl out to her.

'ABBA,' Max read out, smiling as she wiped a tear from her cheek. The blonde nodded, looking from the album to Max.

'I'll miss you, a lot actually,' she chuckled trying to ignore the wetness of her cheeks.

'I'll miss you a lot too,' Max said bringing the girl into a tight hug.

The girls stood in each others presence for a while before they heard Joyce call out, telling them it was time to go. Sarah stood back before placing a kiss on the girls cheek just as Max had done the night of the snow ball.

-

The group of friends cried as they all hugged one another.

Tears rolled down Sarah's cheeks continuously as she said good bye to each of her friends, the girl even spent a good ten seconds hugging Nancy.

'I'm sorry for shooting you,' Nancy apologized

'It's okay, I survived,' she chuckled.

'time to go,' Joyce repeated.

Sarah grabbed everyone for one last big group hug before they all went their separate ways, gently squeezing Max's hand before they let go..

-
She didn't get a letter 💀