'ABBA'

*ੈ✩‧₊˚

Her clothes felt tight and her lipgloss was too sticky. Sarah usually loved lipgloss, but nothing felt right.

Rah stood in front of the bathroom mirror, smoothing out the skirt around her thighs when there was a knock on the bathroom door.

"We're ready to go when you are," Hopper announced.

The girl took one last glance in the mirror to fix her hair before walking down to the car.

She complimented El who was in the front seat, before begrudgingly taking the back.

When they arrived outside of the school, El bounced out of the seat, waiting impatiently for the blonde girl.

Hopper turned around to take a look at his daughter and smiled encouragingly at her.

"You look great," he assured her, "Max'll love it."

Sarah felt her face flush and looked out the window.

"What you thought I didn't know?" he questioned.

"Don't look so smug about it." the girl laughed, poking her tongue out at him before grabbing El's hand and walking inside.

If Sarah had felt off before, her heart dropping to her stomach was nothing in comparison as she watched Max and Lucas dance together.

The girl encouraged her sister to go dance with Mike before she picked up her pride and moved over to where she could see Dustin sitting by himself.

"Dust-bin," she greeted. "What's got you upset?"

"I'm not." the boy answered almost instantly, voice quavering as he wiped his tears.

"Come on," she said, offering her hand. "Let's dance."

The two of them moved out onto the dance floor where Sarah made eye contact with Max and smiled, don't cry.

Dustin and Rah swayed to the song as they spoke about anything and everything.

Eventually, the night was over and the blonde was beyond disappointed that she hadn't once danced with Max.

Rah made her way back outside where she was meant to meet her dad but was pulled aside by Max.

"Hey Sar Sar," the girl greeted, smiling widely.

"Hi Red, " replied Rah.

"So, did you want to sleep at my place tonight?" the redhead asked, her hand still resting on Rah's bicep.

"Oh, um. Yeah, of course." the girl stuttered, "I just have to ask my dad first."

Hopper had reluctantly agreed to let Sarah sleep over at the Redhead's after hearing about Billy's little act, but Max had promised that he minded his own business now.

The girls were now in Max's room, Sarah sat on the bed, and the other girl putting on music.

Sarah laughed when 'voulez vous' started playing, ABBA.

"You remembered." The blonde claimed.

"Of course." Max said, sitting down beside her. The girl had told Max about how much she loved this song weeks ago.

"So," Sarah started, "You and Lucas, huh?" she said suggestively trying her best not to vomit at the thought.

Max screwed up her nose at the girls accusation.

"Really?" Max asked, "I didn't see myself kissing him in the bathroom."

The blonde girl felt the heat rising in her cheeks.

"I don't think I know what you're talking about," Rah smirked.

"Oh really?" the redhead catechized.

Sarah hummed in agreement, moving closer to the girl.

"I think you should remind me." she hinted. What am I doing?

Max grinned as she put a hand on Sarah's shoulder, pressing her lips against her cheek.

"You missed," Sarah claimed before she had put her hands on either side of the girls face, pulling her in and putting her lips against Max's.

Sarah's heart drummed against her chest as she and Max stayed together, lips as though they were made for each other before leaning back and taking in what was in front of her.

Wow what a shitty ending to the season lmao