'I think they were drugged, love'

*ੈ✩‧₊˚

Her eyelids felt heavy as she tried to wake up, she could hear people walking around her, the sound blurred by the ringing in her head.

Sarah groaned as her eyes tried their best to adjust to the light. It must have been morning.

The girl abruptly sat up, covering her mouth before quickly running to the bathroom tripping over her own feet.

She felt someone hold her hair as she vomited up what must have been the cookies from the night before.

"I think they were drugged, love."

Max.

She was finally starting to gain back feeling, hearing. The blonde girl groaned in response to the red head, falling back and leaning her body weight up against her girlfriend.

"We need to go to Mike's," the girl explained, "code red."

Sarah turned around reaching up her hands for Max to grab, the girl pulling her up and bringing her in for a hug.

"I'm glad you're okay," she confessed.

Rah went for a shower before the girls headed off to the Wheeler's.

"What took you so long." Asked Mike, pulling them quickly inside. "And what is she doing here?!"

"What is Beau doing here if it's a code red?" El shot back.

"Sorry, I was drugged." Answered Sarah. 

-

"I didn't think it was anything at first. I mean, I think I just didn't want to believe it. The first time I felt it was at day of the dead." Will explained to the party.

"Power went out that night, too." Added Mike.

"And then I felt it again-"

"On the field near the Nelson farm the next day." Sarah finished for him.

The group looked towards her, intrigued.

"Wait, you felt it too?" The Byers boy asked. Sarah merely nodded in response.

"You were bleeding then too... is it connected?" Max theorised.

"I hope not, for your sake." Anna emphasised, placing a hand on Sarah's shoulder.

After Will had explained everything he knew the girls shared a look before El spoke up.

"How do you know if someone is a host?" She asked.

"They like it cold." The boys responded simultaneously.

Suddenly Sarah stepped back, thinking about how hard it was in the sun outside the mall the other day and the field.  She was so entranced in her thoughts she didn't notice the slight look and agreement between El and Max.

-

"I don't know. He looks pretty normal to me." Max said.

The party was stood behind a car in the public pool carpark watching Billy.

"normal? How many times have you seen him with his shirt on?" Countered Lucas.

"I mean, it's a little weird."

"More than a little, he was in a tub with ice. The mind flayer likes it cold." Mike told her.

"I wish I was in a tub with ice right now." Sarah complained.

The girl blocked out the rest of the conversation as she felt the heat belt down on her, the sun rays blocking her view and the back of her neck aching making her move into the shade.

"Wait, where are they going?" She asked, motioning to the boys walking away.

"Did you not hear anything?" Max laughed, "we're gonna prove Billy isn't flayed."

"Oh."

Anna and Sarah sat on the floor waiting for the boys signal as El and Max talked in hushed whispers together.

"So what's up with you and Beau? I can feel the tension." The blonde girl implored.

"It's nothing really, we just don't get along well." The girl explained.

"Is there a story?" Sarah asked.

Before Anna could reply the girls got their signal and they got to work, helping to set up 'The Sauna Test.'

——

Sorry for such a short chapter<3