'Falling off cliffs'

*ੈ✩‧₊˚

The three kids were riding across town, on their way to look for El. The ride had been mostly silent since they left Lucas'.

Rah wouldn't admit it, but she was upset with what Lucas had said. She didn't expect to be accepted into their 'party', but she hadn't realized how much Lucas clearly disliked her.

The girl sighed as she slowed down a bit, falling behind Mike and Dustin. Rah had never had a close friend besides Will, sure she was 'friends' with a lot of the people at school, but then they would never speak to her once the bell rang.

"This is weird without Lucas." Mike's voice made Rah catch up to the boys. "He should've shaken my hand."

"I guess he's just jealous," Dustin told him. "What are you talking about?" Rah stayed silent, listening to their conversation as she rode.

"Sometimes, your total obliviousness blows my mind.. He's your best friend, right?" Dustin asked, Mike hesitated before answering. "Yeah, I mean. I don't know."

"It's fine, I get it. I didn't get here until the fourth grade, He had the advantage of living next door. But none of that matters, what matters is that he is your best friend." The curly haired boy spoke.

"And then this girl shows up and starts living in your basement, and all you want to do is pay attention to her, not to mention Rah has been staying over at your place too." Mike looked over to Rah, watching as she continued to look forward.

"That's not true." Mike defended himself. "Yes it is, and you know it. And he knows it, but no one ever says anything until you both start yelling at each other like goblins with intelligence scores of zero." What language do these boys speak? "Now everything's weird," Dustin continued.

"He's not my best friend." Mike told Dustin. "Yeah, right," the boy chuckled. "I mean he is, but so are you. And so is Will."

"You can't have more than one bestfriend." says Dustin. "Says who?" Mike challenges. "Say's logic." "Well, I call bull on your logic, because you're my best friend too." Dustin looks over towards the other boy and smiles, "okay."

"Hey guys, look" Rah says, nodding towards the supermarket. "Whoa" Mike sighs.

"You don't think?" Dustin starts, the girl turns her head back to the boys, "definitely. Come on" she leads them.

-

When they arrived at the edge of the woods, Rah hopped off of her bike and held it next to her as she pushed it forward.

"Eleven!" Mike yelled through the trees. "El!"

"El, it's us!" Rah shouted.

"Wait, do you guys hear that?" she asked, putting out her hand to stop the boys from walking further.

"What?" asked Dustin, "El?" Mike called again.

"Hey there, Frog face. toothless." The three turned around to see Troy and James walking towards them, a knife in their hand. 

Rah felt her back pocket, expecting her pocket knife to be in there, but it wasn't. Shit.

"Rah? What are you doing with these losers?" James asked. "What losers?" the girl replied, raising an eyebrow.

"Are you okay, James?" he rolled his eyes at her.

"Those losers." Troy said, pointing towards the boys. Rah turned around and pointed at Mike and Dustin, "these ones?" she asked, moving her body around to face Troy and James, her finger still pointing. "Or these ones?"