'Stay awake'

*ੈ✩‧₊˚

Rah sat on the bleachers with an arm around Eleven. She was watching the boys and listening to their conversation.

"Guys, guys! This is crazy." Mike exclaimed. "We can't just wait around."

"Mike, in case you forgot, we're still fugitives. The bad men are still looking for us." explained Lucas. "And we don't even know where your sister is," Dustin added.

"El can find them." the boy insisted, "no, Mike. she's too tired," Rah said.

"I think we should stick to the chief's plan. We stay here, keep El out of sight and keep her safe. That's the most important thing, remember?" countered Lucas, "besides, she's okay. She's with Jonathan."

"Yeah and she's kind of a badass now, so.." Dustin noted before walking off.

"Where are you going? You just said we had to stick to the plan!" Mike yelled out. "I am, I'm just gonna go get some chocolate pudding. I'm telling you, Lunch Lady Phillis hoards that shit." Dustin answered him.

"Are you serious?" Mike asks him.

"El needs to be recharged!" Lucas and Rah get up to follow him, leaving El and Mike alone.

"Found it! I knew she was hoarding it." Dustin tells them as they enter the kitchen behind him. "Mike! I found the chocolate pudding!" He screams next to Rah's ear making her glare at him.

The three of them grab as many of the cans as they could, carrying them back to El. "this will charge your battery right up, I'm telling you."

"Guys! Guys!" Mike runs into the room, "what?" Rah asks him. "They found us."

Those three words were enough to make all of the kids run out of the cafeteria leaving the pudding on the table and into the hallway. "How did they find us?" Lucas asked himself. "I don't know, but they knew we were in the gym." Mike answered anyway. "Lando."

As they made their way to the back doors, they were forced to turn around and run back the other way as a group of soldiers walked in.

The kids kept running in and out of different classrooms and halls doing their best to get away, but ultimately ended up being trapped.

The group was stuck, they had nowhere else to run, All of the soldiers held their guns up to them. Rah looked back towards Eleven who was leaning on Mike for support, she was too drained.

Rah clenched her fists as she leaned forward in concentration. Her head started to ring as she used her mind, slowly draining the blood from everybody's eyes.

Suddenly all that could be heard were the sounds of the soldiers dropping to the floor. The party turned towards her, eyes wide and in shock.

Rah could no longer hold herself up. She fell to the floor just like the soldiers, barely awake.

"Rah! Sarah, stay awake!" Lucas Told her. "I'm.. fine." The girl mumbled. "No, we're not doing this again." he stated.

"Come on, Rah. Are you okay?" Mike asked, shaking her.

"Drained." Eleven told them, the girl sitting next to Rah.

"Leave them!" a voice said, as the person rounded the corner. "Step away from the children."

"No! You want them? You have to kill us first." Mike yelled. "That's right." "eat shit!"

The boys were grabbed by soldiers who had moved up behind them, while Dr Brenner walked over to the girls on the floor.

"Eleven" he greeted, "and nine, it's been a while." the man said, holding the girl by her face.

Rah could faintly hear the boys struggling against their restraints in the background.

"Let go, papa," El said. "Don't, touch her." she demanded in a small voice, While Rah wrestled against the man's hold.

"Shh" He whispered to her, "you're sick nine, but I am going to make you better," but the girl still continued to try and get away.

"Bad," Eleven spoke up, Dr Brenner looking over at her. "No, Eleven. Not bad." He tried.

All at once, the lights began to flicker wildly, and the wall began to mold out of shape.

"Blood," Mike observed. "What?" "blood." he repeated

A crash at the wall caused Brenner to step away from the girls, giving the boys an opportunity to grab them. The soldiers began firing their  weapons at the monster but to no appeal. One by One they were taken out by the Demogorgon.

El, Mike and Lucas ran from the scene while Dustin carried Rah along.

"Come on, get her down." he was instructed as they reached the science lab.

Placing Rah up on the table, the boys finally got a moment's break before the Demogorgon's screech could be heard down the hall. Shots were being fired for a few seconds before they ended.

"Is it dead?" Dustin asked.

Suddenly, the classroom door was knocked off of the hinges as the monster entered the room, slowly walking towards the kids. "Get the wrist rocket!" the boys yelled. "Go, go, go, go."

The Demogorgon growled as it showed off its many rows of teeth.

Lucas reached into his bag pulling out his slingshot and rocks. Carefully he pulled back the elastic and aimed it towards the creature. He released the band, hitting it but not having the desired effect.

Again the boy pulled backwards shooting again, but nothing was happening. He grabbed another rock and slotted it between his fingers. "Keep going." Mike encouraged him.

This time as he let go, the Demogorgon was thrown back across the room. Only the wrist rocket was not the one doing it.

The boys looked back to see Rah standing with her hand forward, towards the monster. Beside the girl, Eleven walked forwards.

"No, El" she tried to convince, but was sent back into the cupboard.

The monster squealed as Eleven walked up to it, pinning it up against the board. The monster struggled against the force of Eleven's powers making it shriek even louder.

"Goodbye Mike," Eleven said, turning towards the group. She nodded back at Rah before turning to face the Demogorgon. "No more."

The girl yelled as she held up her hands, blood pouring from both her nose and her ears.

Particles began to fly off of the monster, as it yelled in pain. Causing everyone to cover their ears.

Rah closed her eyes and looked away from the dying Demogorgon, But when she opened them again. The girl was gone.

"El!" Rah called out. "El, Where are you!" Mike yelled, "Eleven?"

But there was no reply, because she was gone.