'Talon through the back'

*ੈ✩‧₊˚

"Wait a sec. How big?" Steve's voice interrupted the silence throughout the car.

Dustin stuck his head in between the two front seats.

"First it was like that. Now's he's like this." The boy used his hands to represent the size of his slug which actually turned out to be a Demogorgon.

"I can't believe you, Dustin, you just told me how Mike said it could have been from the upside-down," Rah started, "and yet, you still kept your ugly little pet."

The girl started to raise her voice on Dustin but was interrupted by Steve.

"I swear to God, man, its just some lizard, okay?" the boy tried.

"I guarantee you it is not, Stevie boy."

Dustin rolled his eyes, "it isn't a lizard."

"How do you know?" Steve asked. "How do I know if its not?"

"Yeah, how do you know it's not just a lizard?"

"Because his face opened up, and he ate my cat!" The boy shouted.

Rah gasped, holding her hand up to her mouth as she turned her body towards Dustin.

"Not Mews!" she exclaimed.

The rest of the ride to Dustin's house was silent apart from the girls fingers tapping against the door to 'Hammer to fall' by Queen.

-

Rah watched as Steve hit his bat against Dustin's cellar door.

"I don't hear shit." The older boy spoke up.

"He's in there."

Steve turned his torch towards the other boy, shining the light in his eyes. "All right, listen kid. I swear if this is some sort of Halloween prank, you're dead."

"It's not a prank Steve." the girl assured him.

Dustin went to find the key for the door as the other two waited around the cellar for him.

"I've got it!" the curly haired boy shouted as he walked back over to them.

Steve unlocked the hatch, opening it up and looking down it.

"He must be further down there, I'll stay here incase he tries to, escape." said Dustin.

Rah rolled her eyes, moving forward to walk down the steps but was stopped when a hand wrapped around her forearm pulling her back.

"Woah, what do you think you're doing" Steve prompted.

"What does it look like? I'm going to find Dart and I'm going to kill him."

Rah could hear Dustin's complaints from behind her.

"No way, you're staying up hear with him." Steve told her pointing over at Dustin.

"What? No I'm not."

"Uh, yes you are!" The girl continued to voice her disagreement but stopped upon seeing Steve go down the steps.

"Steve, you're an idiot." she called down to him.

Dustin and Rah stood around impatiently as they waited for the boys instructions.

A moment later he had called them down and they stood around looking at the hole in the corner of the cellar.

"Thanks Dustin."

-

The next morning, Steve, Dustin and Rah were walking along the old rail tracks in which the kids had gone long when looking for the gate only a year prior, throwing out chunks of raw meat in hopes of Dart following them.