three

"Here you are" Sam said as she appeared in front of me, once she'd opened the door I'd knocked onto.

The room behind her looked as if someone had been living in it for ages, even though I'd literally seen the woman move in a few days before.

The way she looked at my figure from head to toes, as if she was examining me, definitely made me more anxious than I already was. But in some way, I found it attractive. I tried to ignore the feeling in my stomach.

I probably just didn't want to admit that an almost stranger was giving me butterflies.

"Here I am"

"You look great" she continued with a small smile, which almost made me surprised. The previous times we'd talked she never got even close to smiling.

"Oh, thanks! You too" I said looking towards the floor. My cheeks felt too warm for them not to be crimson colored.

"Do I intimidate you?"

"What?"

"You keep looking at the floor" she continued, keeping a plain expression on her face, her blue eyes looking as if they were digging a hole in my soul.

"Oh, uhm, I-"

"I was just joking. You wouldn't be the first one to have that reaction to my compliments" she said visibly winking, before coming towards me and closing the door behind her.

"Let's get going then" she added, heading out.

"I think I might have a problem" I said, trying to keep up with her extremely fast walking.

She walked with the same posture as a model, and I don't think she was even trying to do that. She was just effortlessly elegant.

"What's up?"

"I'm not 21 yet" I replied lowering my voice volume, as if that will ease the embarrassment.

"You're not?" she gasped, stopping in the middle of the sidewalk for a second.

"I'm 19..."

"For fuck's sake..." she whispered to herself, probably thinking I wouldn't hear her.
"Don't worry, I've got you. I knew a few tricks" she added after a pause of silence.

"You sure?"

"Yeah, it's fine. We've already arrived" she said pointing towards the entrance of a bar in front of us.

I kept wondering if she was always so cold and detached with everyone or if I'd done something wrong.

"Hello, may I see your id's?" a tall, muscular guy asked as soon as we stepped in.

"Here's mine. She forgot hers but..." the brunette told him before leaning towards his ear and whispering something.

"Oh, I'm sorry Miss. Have fun!" he said, suddenly switching tone and moving away from the entrance he was blocking, allowing us to go in.

"Well that was easy"

"How did..."

"I'll tell you sometime. It always tends to work. Shall we find somewhere to sit?"

"Uh... yeah, sure" I replied, still confused on what had just happened.

We found a small round table, not far from where we were, and decided to sit there.

"I'll go get something to drink. Do you fancy anything in particular?"

"I'll have what you have, I guess"

I'd never really drank anything alcoholic that wasn't wine or beer, but I was too embarrassed to tell her.

The place wasn't bad, actually. It wasn't as crowded as I imagined it would be, which was good.