thirty-four

(a/n:  just a short filler chapter to thank you all for 100k reads, i appreciate every single on of you <3) 

We ended up falling asleep on the couch that evening, not having realized how late it was and being exhausted from the almost-workout.

But the morning after I woke up not feeling Sam next to me and wrapped in a heavy blanket that definitely wasn't there when I fell asleep. I heard her already walking around in the kitchen, the smell of coffee reaching where I was.

It only took a few seconds for me to realize how sore my legs were from the evening before, struggling to even get up.

"Good thing my lessons today are all on ground floor" I said as I went to the kitchen, barely reaching it without need for support. Sam had her back turned, seemingly spreading cheese on a toasted bagel.

"Good morning to you too" she turned around, a furtive smile on her face. She was still wearing the same t-shirt as the one she had on the previous evening, and no pants.

"Morning" I said, walking towards her to kiss her.

"Are your legs sore?"

"A lot" I pouted.

"You'll get used to it" she chuckled, patting my shoulder. "Want some breakfast?"

"That's not really helpful of you" I frowned.

"It's the best I can do" she put a few slices of bread into the toaster. "Luckily your lessons with me today are not in that old ass room at the right top of the building, like most of the time"

"I still won't be able to look at you for a second without feeling self-conscious about what caused the pain in my legs"

"That will be fun to watch" she snickered.

"Not funny at all" I poured some coffee in a mug that had basically become mine at that point. "Also, as much as I enjoyed the consequences of the stress it caused, please don't overwork and exhaust yourself today"

"I'll try not to" she chuckled. "Not having you in my office as often definitely doesn't help"

"I'd tell you to stop by the shop but I doubt that would be a good idea for more than one reason"

"Yeah, absolutely not" she laughed.

As predicted, I wasn't really able to focus on Sam and her voice during her lesson because all my brain would do was take me back to that same voice demanding to look at her as her fingers were inside of me. Not really optimal lesson-following conditions.

Until at some point some guy asked her something about the famous love at first sight concept in Romeo and Juliet. I couldn't really gather what the question was and the beginning of the reply, but once I realized what she was talking about I started to listen.

"Hundreds, maybe thousands of people have discussed the love at first sight concept in this framework, so I'm not sure if I can give you a straight answer to that. It's difficult to agree on whether Romeo and Juliet's was true love, if it was even possible to fall in love in such a short amount of time. But what Shakespeare was trying to convey for sure was the almost instinctual feeling of knowing you definitely want someone to be part of your life, even after not knowing them for long, regardless of if it's true love or not. The sudden feeling of sadness linked to the possibility of that not happening. And the also sudden feeling of relief once it does happen, as you didn't even realize how much you needed them until then"

It took everything in me to not physically react to what she'd just said, struggling to maintain a composed expression.

"That makes sense, doesn't it?" she added, directly facing me for a few seconds as if I was the one who asked the question.