forty-four

"Are you sure that your friend sleeping on an air mattress on the floor of your already small room is a good idea?" Sam laughed as she joined me back in bed, resigned to the fact that I wasn't going to get up until much later.

Vic was supposed to be arriving that day, and I was feeling really excited about it.

"Of course, it'll be fun" I said. "Hopefully"

"I'm gonna be feeling lonely at night here for the next days, then"

"It's not as if we're not gonna be seeing each other. And we spent ten days sleeping alone like a week ago, I'm sure you'll be fine"

"I'm just kidding, baby" she chuckled. "And the situation was quite different at the time. We were mad at each other"

"I wasn't mad, actually" I jokingly corrected her.

"Whatever. Let's not" she playfully hit my arm.

"Yeah" I laughed, moving closer to her so I could kiss her.

Her black hair fell to the side of my head as she climbed over me, so as to be on top of me.

"Do we have enough time?" she asked, pressing her lips on my neck before I could say anything.

"Mhm" I mumbled, closing my eyes to the pleasurable feeling.

"Good" she whispered against my skin, lightly sucking on the area below my earlobe.

"Sam..." I basically whined.

"Yes baby?"

"Don't..." I attempted to say as I felt her hand directly in contact with my side's skin. "Don't leave a mark"

"You know I won't" she moved her mouth lower, reaching my collarbone as I helped her remove my shirt for better access.

I lightly moaned as she cupped one of my breasts, leaving kisses all over my chest in the meantime until she reached my nipple, placing a gentle lick on it.

"You sure?" Sam asked once her other hand reached the hem of my pajama pants.

Before I could even say anything in approval, the moment was interrupted by my phone's really loud ringtone.

"Fuck" I groaned, not moving for a few seconds to realize what happened but not being able to stand that sound for more than a few seconds.

I grabbed the phone from the side of the bed to see Vic's name on it, Sam bursting out with a laugh.

"Fuck. Shit, I thought she'd take longer. Babe, it's not funny" I glared at her.

"Sorry" she snickered as I answered.

"Hi Vic" I said, completely out of breath, instinctively covering my front with my shirt because talking to her half naked felt weird.

"I've just arrived at New York central station. I hope I'll be able to figure out the whole subway thing, but I should be at yours in like half an hour"

"Oh, okay. Keep me updated then" I struggled to say because of Sam laughing at me, hitting her arm as if it'd make her stop.

"Sure, uhm, are you okay? You sound out of breath or something"

"What? I'm fine" I cleared my throat.

"Hm, I don't know. I'm not sure I want to, judging from that laugh in the background. Sorry if I interrupted something"

"All good" I also laughed. "Let me know how you get on, okay?"

"Sure" she chuckled. "See you later, El. Say hi to Sam"