fourteen

"Fucking hell" Sam said, clearing her throat and backing off.

We looked at each other and both started laughing.

"We'll have to continue that later" she added with a wink, walking towards the door.

She opened the front door and collected our food, leaving me still breathless and sitting on the table.

It was only after she thanked the delivery guy and closed the door that I realized she'd paid for the food.

"Oh, uhm, how much was it?" I asked, still struggling to speak.

"No worries, food's on me" she said, placing it on the table right next to me.

I got up from my spot and opened a drawer in the kitchen area to get a pair of knives and forks for us, as well as two glasses.

We proceeded to eat and it shocked me how unfazed Sam was, considering we were making out on the same table we were eating on.

I don't know if it was because of my emotions being all over the place or something, but she looked extremely pretty in the early-evening lighting of my apartment, her dark hair pulled into a ponytail from which a few strands escaped, and her eyes looking even bluer than they usually did.

"Told you this place made extremely good food" she said, interrupting my contemplation of her face and taking a bite of a pizza slice.

"Yeah, it's pretty good" I said, my mind still stuck on how flawless she looked.

More time had passed than I thought and I soon realized we'd both finished our meal without speaking.

I looked up to see Sam looking at me, possibly waiting to see how long it would take for me to notice she was staring.

"What's up with you now?" she laughed.

"What? Nothing."

"Don't you start with that again" she chuckled. "You look as if your mind is wondering god knows where"

"Well, it's not" I lied.

"You still thinking about earlier?"

"Maybe" I laughed.

"The studying or the making out?" she smirked.

"The studying, obviously"

"Like hell you are" she laughed, as I jokingly kicked her leg under the table.

"What a shame that the food guy interrupted us" she added, a smirk still on her face. "If he hadn't-"

Her voice was suddenly cut off by the loud ringing of my phone.

"Shit, sorry" I mumbled, seeing the "vic<3" appearing on my screen along with a FaceTime request. "It's, uhm, my best friend from back home. I'll call her back later"

"You can answer if you want" Sam shrugged.

"I'll just quickly tell her to call me back later" I said, accepting the call.

"HI!!" Vic's face appeared on my screen, wearing her signature red hair bandana and round glasses.

"Hey! Please don't say anything compromising, I'm not alone right now"

"Well that's a novelty. Who's there?"

"Uhm, well, Sam's here. My neighbor" I said, trying to make it seem as if Vic didn't know exactly who she was, since that's all I'd been talking to her about for the previous month.

"WHAT? HOW-" she paused as I glared at her. "I mean...cool, that's nice" she cleared her throat.

"Yeah...call you later?" I asked, feeling heat rise to my face.