Kidnapped - Jay Halstead

Inspired by season 7 episode 9. Contains spoilers if you haven't seen that episode yet.

"Have you spoken to Jay?" Voight asks you.

"Not since last night."

Trudy walks into the bull pin. "Has anyone spoken to Jay? I can't reach him."

"Neither can I," you add.

"I got his last known location. Check it out," Trudy gives you the address, and the team rushes over there. Jay's car is parked on the side of the street, with his gun and badge still in the glove compartment box. When you walk up to the house, you notice that the door has been forced open. All of you pull out your gun. There is blood on the floor in the kitchen. The picture on the fridge tells you enough that Jay is in a lot of trouble.

"All he wanted to do was help the family out. Ever since he got Marcus West killed, he has been there for that family. They have no idea who he is, sarge. We need to do this off the record," you tell Voight.

"Nobody can know," was all Voight said.

You work the case with all you have. It took too long to get a location, and with a deal going wrong, you feared for Jay his life. You had feelings for him but were never able to tell him. Maybe now you could never have the chance to tell him.

You finally got into the building. Jay collapse with a man.

"Stay here. I need to help Angela." Before you can register what's going on, he is already downstairs. When you heard a gunshot, your stomach turned. You didn't think another second and rushed downstairs.

"Jay!" He lays on the floor, gasping for air. "Oh my god." You immediately put pressure on the bullet wound on his shoulder. "Come on, Jay. Stay with me!"

"He doesn't deserve to live," you hear Angela say.

"Shut up!" You look at Jay, who doesn't look good. "Somebody! Help!" You yell, but you know there is no use. The rest of the team will be here any second.

"Jay, keep your eyes open. Stay with me. Come on. You can't do this to me. Don't leave me." Tears rolled down your cheek. "Come on, Jay. You can't give up. Not now. Please. I love you." Sobs leave your mouth. "I love you. Please, don't leave me."

Jay doesn't respond. He looks up at the ceiling. You feel for his pulse and notice that it isn't there anymore.

"Jay," you cried out as you started to perform CPR. "Come on, Jay. Please don't do this to me. I love you, don't leave me."

"Y/N? Jay?"

"Down here! I need an ambo right now! Jay has been shot!" Your voice is hoarse.

Voight runs into the basement. "Jesus Christ." He calls for an ambulance while you keep performing CPR. It doesn't look good, not at all.

"Jay, you can't give up. It was not your fault. You did everything right. Please come back to me. Please."

Soon the paramedics arrive, and they take over caring for Jay. You rush to the hospital with them, and they take him to surgery immediately.

So many cops are in the waiting room. Your leg is bouncing up and down; you're not able to stop. Your hands are still covered in his blood. You haven't seen Will yet, which means there is no news. No news is good news, right? You just keep repeating that in your head. No news is good news. That means that they are still working on him, which means there is something to save.

"Y/N, I brought you a change of clothes from your locker," Kim says as she puts a bag down on the ground.

"Thanks," you mumble, not looking up from the ground. Your eyes are red from crying; your voice is hoarse from the screaming; your hands hurt from trying to save Jay. Suddenly the blood needs to be off your hands. You rush to the bathroom just as Will walks into the waiting room. You don't stop. You run into the bathroom and start scrubbing your hands like crazy.

"Y/N? I'm coming in. It's Will."

You don't answer. You just keep scrubbing your hands, the blood barely coming off.

Will doesn't say anything as he approaches you. He takes your hands, and you stop moving. You completely freeze. Will gently start cleaning your hands; this time, the blood does come off.

"What's the news?" you whisper.

"He's still in surgery."

"When he's going to wake up, he's going to freak out. He hates needles."

"I know."

"He would rather take a bullet than the flu shot."

"I know."

When your hands are all clean, you dry them off and let yourself glide down against the wall, pulling your knees up to your chest.

"I never told him, Will. I don't know if he heard me when I was trying to save his life."

"I think he knows."

"But he has never heard me say it, Will. What if-."

Will shakes his head. "We're not going there. He is going to be alright. Why don't we go back to the waiting room and wait there for more news?"

You nodded. The two of you made it back to the waiting room, where you sat down next to each other. Nobody said anything. Your legs started shaking again. Will only laid his hand on your leg, stopping the shaking.

After waiting for way too long, you were finally able to see him. He was out of surgery and awake. You looked like a mess, but you couldn't care less. All you cared about was seeing Jay.

He looked at you with a slight smile on his face when you walked into the room.

"Hey," was all you said as you walked over to him and grabbed his hand.

"Hey."

You looked up at him, the tears burning in your eyes.

"Hey, I'm okay. I'm going to be just fine, as soon as I'm out of here."

You smiled before looking down at his hand you were holding.

"Jay, I-."

"I heard you." You look up at him. "Right before I passed out. I heard what you said."

"You did?"

"Yup. They said you performed CPR on me?"

You slowly nodded. "I couldn't do nothing. You... you basically died, and all I could think about was how much I wanted to say that I love you but never did."

"I thought I was seeing things because, man, I love you so damn much. And I'm glad you saved my life, so I can say that I love you every day from now on."