One last time - Jay Halstead x Antonio Dawson

You hated seeing his face. He was just so perfect to everyone, yet they had no idea what kind of horrible things he did to you. Nobody knew, and that's why it was so hard to stay away. Nobody would understand because he couldn't do wrong in their eyes.

'Y/N, are you almost done?' your brother Antonio yelled at you.

'Almost,' you said. You and your brother needed to leave to attend an event at the 21st district. There you would have to face him. It would be the last time you would see his face. After the event, you were moving to Nashville for your studies. You were planning on never seeing his face again. You gripped the rim of the porcelain sink and tried to steady your hands. "On last time," you whispered to yourself. One. Last. Time. You took a deep breath and then walked out of the bathroom.

"I'm ready," you said and packed your back.

'Took you long enough,' Antonio smiled. You walked out of the room and made your way to the 21st.

Once you arrived at the district, you noticed how crowded it was.

"Let's just move fast to meet up with everyone," Antonio said.

You nodded your head. You grabbed your stuff and walked to the entrance as fast as you could. Without talking to too many people, you were just making your way upstairs as you heard a familiar voice behind you.

"Antonio! Y/N! Good to see you," you heard behind you.

You froze in your spot. Antonio turned around with the biggest smile on his face.

"Good to see you too, Jay! It has been a while," you heard Antonio say.

You slowly turned around to greet him. "Hello," was the only thing that left your mouth.

Jay smiled at you, and you hated how that made you feel. It reminded you of so many good things before everything got ruined. But in his smile, you could see something was off. You had no idea what, and even though you hated to see his face, you wanted to know how he was doing. He might have broken your heart and said so many hurtful things, but you still cared about him. You wish you didn't, but you did because he was Jay Halstead...

"How are you, Y/N? I haven't spoken to you in a while," Jay asked.

"I'm fine." You turned to your brother. "We have to go."

Antonio frowned. "We just got here."

"Well, I have to go then." You walked away from the boys before anyone could protest. You hurried outside and let go of a breath you didn't even know you were holding. You quickly ordered an Uber for standing on the side, so hopefully, nobody would notice.

You got into the Uber, and your phone rang before you even sat down. An unknown number showed up on the screen. You answered the phone. "Hello?"

"Is this still your number?" It was the voice you knew too well. He still had your number. Why? And why was he calling you?

"Depends. What do you want?"

Jay sighed on the other end of the phone. 'I miss you. It was good seeing you.'

Your blood started to boil. He missed you? He had absolutely no right. You wanted to yell at him so bad, but you were in an Uber and didn't want to be kicked out.

"You have no right to say that."

"I know, but I just can't get you off my mind, Y/N. I was stupid, and I made a mistake. Can we please talk?"

"No. And don't you dare to ever call me again." With that being said, you hung up the phone and tossed it to the other end of the couch.

"The boyfriend?" the driver asked.