Attacked - Jay Halstead

"Why is Jay working overtime again?" Kim asked. The two of you were having dinner at her apartment.

"Money. He should be home in an hour or so." You took a sip of your water. "But you and Adam, anything new happening there?"

Kim shook her head. "No. Maybe it's for the best."

Before you could answer, you got a text from Jay that he was on his way home already. You couldn't help but smile.

"He is done, isn't he?" Kim asked.

"Yeah. He is on his way home, so I should get going."

"Sure. I'll see you tomorrow at work!" You said your goodbyes, and you left the apartment.

You opened the door of your car and quickly texted Jay that you were on your way. You put your back on the passenger seat, but before you could get in the car, a sharp pain hit you on the side of your head. Gasping in pain, you fell to the ground. Someone pulled you back up and pulled you around. You fought back and pushed him off. You reached for your gun when they hit you right above your eye. Your vision got blurry as you sank to the ground again. They took that moment to take your gun and point it at you. They kicked you in the stomach. You searched for your car keys.

"You should've done me right when you had the chance." Before they could do anything, your car alarm went off. They quickly ran away.

"Hey, people are trying to sleep!" You heard a man yell.

With the little strength you had left, you crawled to the back of your car, hoping that someone would see you.

"Honey, call 911," that same voice said. You felt a hand against your shoulder. "are you okay?"

"He's got my gun," you mumbled. Black spots were covering your vision.

"What?"

"I'm a cop. He's got my gun."

"Call 911! There's a cop! She's dying! Hurry!" the man yelled, and that was the last thing you heard before you passed out.

"Maggie, what do we have?" Doctor Connor Rhodes asked when the gurney came into the E.R.

"We're going to Trauma 2! P.D.'s in the house. Blunt force trauma to the head, initially unresponsive in the field. GCS is now at 10." They wheeled you into Trauma 2. You saw the bright lights on the ceiling. You closed your eyes again. The people talking sounded like bees.

"Y/N, can you hear me? Y/N?" you heard Connor say. You didn't respond. Your head was hurting too much.

"Someone get Doctor Halstead down here and call detective Jay Halstead. We have his fiancé."

When Jay got the call, it felt like his world collapsed beneath him. He just texted with you. How could this happen?

"What's going on, Halstead?" Trudy asked as she saw the colour on his face disappearing.

"It's Y/N. She got attacked."

"Go. I'll call Voight!"

Jay nodded before he sprinted out of the building and drove to the hospital with the sirens on.

His brother Will was already waiting for him.

"Where is she? How is she doing?" Jay tried to run past Will, but he stopped him.

"She is in surgery with doctor Rhodes. I don't know for how long. She got some damage to her head, but she is in the best hands, Jay. If anyone can help her, it's Connor."

Jay lowered himself on a chair. "I just texted her that I was coming home. Who would do this?"

"I don't know. But I'll know your team can figure that out," Will said as he placed a hand on Jay's shoulder.

"Jay? What happened?" Kim came rushing into the E.R.

"She got attacked. That's all I know. She's in surgery."

Kim sat down next to him. "She left my apartment to go home. Her car was parked right in front. Was anything stolen?"

Jay shrugged his shoulders. "I don't know, Kim," he mumbled.

Hours passed by before Jay finally got to see you. Voight had already talked to you. Nothing was stolen besides your gun. You didn't see who it was.

Jay sat next to your bed, holding your hand.

"I'm fine," you said as you saw the worried look on his face.

"You got hit in the head and kicked in the stomach. You're not fine."

"I feel fine," you argued.

"Because they have you on the good stuff."

"Yeah, it's pretty good," you smiled.

Jay rolled his eyes as he shook his head. "You had me worried."

"I know. I'm sorry. I have no idea what happened. I texted you that I was coming home, put my bag in the car, and then they attacked me." Then it came back that they said something to you. "The one who attacked me, I think it was a guy, he said something to me. He said: 'You should've done me right when you had the chance.' I have no idea what it means, but maybe it was someone I put away?"

"I'll tell that to Voight. You should get some sleep." Jay kissed your head before he walked out of the room.

The entire night, the whole police department was working on finding who hurt you. After a full night, they got the guy on a security camera running away. They had a clear shot of his face. It turned out to be some guy you arrested for assaulting an underage girl. He got out two days ago, and he went to find you so he could hurt you. He probably wanted to kill you, but you scared him off because of your car alarm.

"Ready to go home?" Jay asked.

You were trying to put your jacket on but couldn't put your left arm in it. "If I could get this damn jacket on," you mumbled in frustration.

"I got you," Jay said as he helped put your jacket on.

"Thanks. Now let's go home. I want to take a shower and cuddle."

"We can do that."

You pressed a quick kiss on his lips before you walked out of the hospital room. You were ready to forget this day and sleep everything off in your fiancé's arms.