Missing - Jay Halstead

You were having a fun time at Molly's. You were doing karaoke with Trudy, drinking with the team. There was lots of laughter, but the person that meant the most to you was missing from all the fun. Jay left the station early to meet up with a C.I. He would come to Molly's after, but you still haven't heard from him.

"Jay, come on, man. You're missing all the fun!" Adam says to his phone. He sighs, before he puts his phone in his pocket again.

"No answer?" You ask him.

Adam shakes his head. "He'll be here."

"I don't know, Adam. I have a bad feeling about this. He's been acting different lately. Ever since that case with Luis, he's been off."

"He talked to you about it at all?"

You shake your head. "Voight has him going to therapy, so at least he is talking to someone."

Adam gave you another drink. "If we still haven't heard from him by tomorrow morning, we'll go and look for him."

*

The first thing you do when you open your eyes is looking next to you. Jay isn't there. His phone isn't on the nightstand. His side of the bed is cold. You quickly get out of bed, put on some clothes and walk out of the bedroom. "Jay?" No answer. You call him, but he doesn't pick up. You look at the time. 7am. The downside of being a morning person, even after a night out. Right now you counted it as a blessing. You texted Adam that Jay hadn't come home and that you were going to the district to figure this out. Grabbing your stuff, you made your way to your car. The spot next to yours was empty. "Where the hell are you, Jay?" You mumbled as you got in your car.

Walking into the back entrance of the district, you immediately sat down in front of the computer and pinged Jay's phone.

"You're here early."

You almost jumped out of the chair in fright. "Jezus, Sarge."

"Everything, okay?"

"No. Far from it. Jay had a thing last night, but he never came home."

"He said it was in Bucktown," Adam walked into the room and placed a coffee on the desk. "If I knew you were going to be here, Sarge, I would've brought you one." Adam turned back to you. "Did you find Jay?"

"I pinged his phone and it's still in Bucktown."

"You two check it out. If we need to call in the rest of the team, you let me know."

You nodded as you grabbed your coffee from the desk and rushed out with Adam.

Jay's truck was parked, but Jay was no where inside. You opened the door and found an address inside. "4458." You looked at the house numbers. "Adam, that is right here," you said and pointed at this house.

"5021 Ida. Squad, I need a name associated with an address: 4458 North 14th Street."

"Standby."

Another car pulled up in front of you. Kevin and Kim got out.

"You find anything?" Kevin asks.

"Got a Joe Baker. Two prior for delivery, one assault."

"Jay ever mentioned anyone with that name?" Adam asks.

You shake your head. "Never heard of him."

"I got the back," Kim says as you're walking towards the house.

Adam is the first one through the door. Kevin follows. You are the last one to enter. The house is a mess. There is glass everywhere, couch and table are upside down. If Jay was here, something went very wrong.