Migraine - Jay Halstead

Jay hadn't talked to you all day. He called you several times, but you didn't pick up.

"Mouse, can you ping Y/N her phone? I can't get a hold of her," he asked his friend and colleague.

Mouse started typing on the computer. "She's home."

Home? She still had to work for three more hours. "Thanks," Jay mumbled. He walked back upstairs to grab his jacket.

"Sarge, can I go? I have a feeling something is wrong with Y/N. I can get a hold of her," he asked Voight.

"Call me if you need anything."

Jay nodded and walked away. He drove home faster than the speed limit, but he just needed to go home. You were still in bed this morning when he left, so maybe you were sick?

Jay rushed into the apartment. He heard the shower. "Y/N?" He knocked on the bathroom door before opening it. You were standing under the shower, leaning with your head against the wall. It was also completely dark.

"Babe, you okay?" Jay had a feeling about what was going on.

You slowly turned your head to look at him. "What are you doing home?" you mumbled.

"I couldn't get a hold of you. You had me worried."

You turned the shower off. Jay grabbed the towel from the sink and held it open for you. He wrapped the towel around your body.

"Why are you home so early?"

You leaned against Jay. "They send me home. It's a migraine, nothing I can't handle," you mumbled.

Jay rubbed your back. "You should've gone to bed instead of taking a shower."

"We have fresh sheets. I needed to shower before lying down. I felt gross."

Jay pressed a kiss on your head. "Let's get you to bed now, alright? Do you feel sick?"

"A little."

Jay helped you get dressed before getting you on the couch. He dried your hair with the towel and then brushed all the knots out. After that, you laid down in bed. Jay laid down next to you. You snuggled closer to him. He played with your hair for a while.

"I'm sorry I didn't call or text. It was a crazy day today," you mumbled.

"That's okay."

"How did you even know I was home?"

"I had Mouse ping your phone."

"The perks of being a detective," you slightly smiled.

Jay chuckled. "Try and get some sleep," Jay mumbled against the side of your head.

You closed your eyes and listened to Jay's heartbeat. "Can you talk about something?"

"Sure." Jay thought for a moment. He knew it didn't matter what he talked about. You just wanted to listen to his voice. "When Will and I were little, we had to perform in this play at school. There were so many kids in the class that there was one role left for Will, but it was a girl's role. He got assigned to it, and he did it so well. It was funny to see. He even had a wig on and talked with a high-pitched voice...." Jay looked at you. You were sound asleep. He smiled as he pressed another kiss on your head before closing his eyes as well.