Hit in the head - Jay Halstead

Walking into the lab, you see doctor Sheldon working on some samples. Stepping closer, you see he's not working on them, but he's destroying them.

"What are you doing?" you ask.

"I'm sorry?" He pulls the mask away from his face.

You walk closer to him. "You're destroying our work!" The whole city is counting on you, and everything you have done so far is now gone.

"Oh no, these were contaminated samples," Sheldon replies.

You take a step back as you grab your phone from your pocket. "You need to stay right here." You start to look up Jay's number in your contacts, but before you know it, you are shoved against the wall. You try to fight Sheldon off you. As a result, you both fall to the ground. He grabs the microscope from the desk and hits you on the side of the head. You can hear him panting as you try to get up. Your head hurts so much. Black spots appear in your vision; before you know it, you're passed out on the ground.

"Y/N!" You hear someone calling your name very far away. "Oh my god, Y/N!"

You open your eyes and see Jay hovering over you. "Hi," you croak out.

"My god. Are you okay? Who did this?" Jay helps you sit up against one of the cabinets. He puts a cloth against the side of your head.

"My ears are ringing, and it feels like my head is going to explode, but you know, apart from that, I'm doing pretty good."

Usually, Jay would chuckle at your response, but today he doesn't. He is way too concerned for that.

"Y/n?!" Will comes rushing into the lab as well.

"I'm fine. It's doctor Sheldon. He destroyed our research."

"How long were you out?" Jay asks.

"Couldn't be more than a few minutes, I think." You can see Jay thinking. Sheldon could still be in the hospital. "Go, I'm fine."

"I got her," Will says as he pulls the cloth away from your head.

Jay quickly kisses you before rushing out.

"How much does it hurt?" Will asks.

"Like I had open brain surgery. Listen, get me downstairs, and Crockett can fix me up. You need to start working on that antidote."

Will helps you get downstairs. As soon as you're in a bed in the ED, he rushes back upstairs.

"What are you doing down here?" Crockett asks as he walks into the room.

"You know, just the usual. Getting attacked by some maniac who hit me in the head with a microscope."

He chuckles as he takes a look at your head. "You're going to need some stitches. I'm going to de a head CT as well, just to be sure it's nothing worse than a concussion. After that, I'm going to place you into quarantine just until we have your results. We don't want you to get the flesh-eating terror."

"That's what they are calling it?"

Crockett nods. "The city is in fear. The name only magnifies it."

"Yeah, you can say that."

After a long day spent in quarantine, your results came back negative. Just as you get out, Jay walks up to you.

"We got him," he says as he pulls you into a hug.

"Thank god," you mumble. You pull back and look at the bandage on his arm.

"I'm fine. I had to stall him. Nothing happened. Will also gave me the antidote, to be sure."

"Good."

"How are you doing?"

"Got some stitches, and I have a concussion, so I have a few days off."

"Let's get out of here then." Jay wraps his arm around your shoulder as you make your way back to the doctor's lounge. You grab your stuff, and then you head out.

"Let's hope we never have to do this again," you mumble as you walk out of the hospital.