Bugged - Jay Halstead

Triggers: assault

The entire day, you have been trying to get in contact with your husband Jay Halstead. He took your car to work since his broke. You had a day off so you didn't really need your car until the hospital called. There was a big pile up and they needed more personnel. You had been trying to get in contact with Jay ever since, but he hasn't responded to any of your calls or texts. It has started to get dark already and you're getting worried.

When you hear keys in the door, you rush to it. Jay steps into the apartment.

"Hey, I've been calling you."

Without saying anything, Jay pushes you through the bedroom to the bathroom. He turns on the shower and steps closer to you. "Voight found a tracker on your car and bugs too. I don't know if the house is bugged. The weird texts and calls you have been getting? The feeling of being followed, we guess it's them."

You look at Jay in shock. "What are you talking about? How did you find a tracker on my car."

"They needed to test some new equipment to find bugs and trackers. Well we can say that it works." Jay looks at you with worry. The bathroom is slowly filling with steam from the shower.

"What do we do now? Do we leave? Why is that stuff on my car?"

"My guess is that they need something from me and they're hoping to catch me through you. Pack a bag, we're going to 51."

"And what are they going to do? Jay, I can handle myself."

He shakes his head. "Whoever these guys are, they're smart. Now is not the time to be brave, okay?"

You look Jay in right in the eyes. Hairs standup in your neck. He looks scared. If he is scared, that means that you should be terrified. "Fine. What's the plan?"

"There is a girl at the police station that looks like you. She is already at 51. You are going to walk in and she is going to walk out. We're going back to the apartment, leaving her here alone and we're going to see if any of these guys finally show up now that they have seen that your car has been in the police station."

"Jay, that sounds really far fetched. If these guys are as smart as you say, they are not going to believe this."

"We have to try. For your safety."

All you can do is to agree with this plan. Jay is not going to let this go until they have these people in custody. You quickly pack a bag with a few things. Before you leave the apartment, you kiss him.

"Let's go," he quietly says before opening the front door.

Arriving at 51, you shoot Jay a quick glance before getting out of the car. You walk into the building, Chief Boden already greeting you.

"Good to see you, Y/N."

"Wish it was under better circumstances, Chief."

Boden nods, before walking with you to the common room. The entire station of 51 is already waiting there.

"Y/N is going to be with us on shift today. There are somethings happening with P.D. and they need Y/N here with us were she is safe. So let's make sure it stays that way. When we're all needed at a scene, Y/N is driving with truck," Boden says before walking away.

You take a seat next to Sylvie and Hermann.

"What's going on?" Sylvie asks.

"I don't even know," you sigh. You quickly explain what the plan was for today. "And now you're my babysitters for today," you try to say as happy as you can.