Chapter 2

"Your perspective on life comes from the cage you were held captive in."

                      10 years later... 

Ishita's POV:

"This is all for today gentleman...." I piled up my work leaving the conference room. I never wanted to come here but it's been 10 years and I have no intentions to go back. Occasionally I visit my mother else I have a strict professional life, my morning starts with checking emails and ends in piling up my work sighing the contracts.

But I love my work I still need to improve myself and expand the business, after completing my studies I have been supporting my father's business which includes pharmaceutical and real estate. Our family has been investors in many businesses my father's priority has been real estate but in India. I have expanded the business to different countries and I'm willing to take over the business of my father which includes other publishing houses and the fashion industry in India.

"Ma'am your coffee..." Cathy my assistant manager passed me the coffee cup. "Thanks... you got any update from Goel Industries..." she shook her head in disapproval and added, "No Ma'am... they are ignoring our calls as well.". Thinking for a while I asked, "Mr. Goel will be attending the meeting of the pharmacy board right..." she nodded. "Yes, he has been willing to invest in medical science and research centers as well." A perfect opportunity.

Goel Industries has been the biggest investor other than my father, and a very powerful family in India. I need a little support from them to get a deal signed in which I want medicines from England will be provided at the lowest cost in India as most people aren't able to afford it and hospitals also don't have high-tech medical equipment. It will be the biggest investment with lots of exposure as my father hasn't done anything like this before. But the only person between this deal is the CEO of Goel Industries as he isn't giving me the kind of attention I should get. According to him we are fooling him and trying to make ourselves rich but I have lowered the profit percentage still he isn't giving a crap.

"Ma'am... Hudson pharmacy can help in the project and give your idea the path of achievement..." Cathy conveyed. "Goel Industries have many sources in India even if I got Hudson Industries in the track they can file corruption case under medical scam on us as the elder son of Goel family has political support. It would be better to make this deal through them so it will last longer without any baseless case because if we got highlighted as a pharmacy with a medical scam history then people will not trust us and Rajkund will put the blame on me as it is my idea." she just nodded in response.

It's always tough to start something new knowing worst-case scenarios, you need a lot of strength to be different. Sipping my coffee I go through some emails when my phone buzzed it was Mom so I picked it up rapidly. "Ms. Ishita Mehra, this is an unacceptable behavior of yours not getting here to attend the Navaratri Puja." Mom complained as I picked up the call. "Mom... I will be fasting here in London is it that necessary." I argued back but I know this woman will not agree to it. "Yes, the elder daughter must attend the Puja her mother does every year only for her." with a sigh I agreed to it. "Okay fine... but no sweets, no tacky aunty gossip groups, no meeting fake relatives" she chuckled then agreed to it but deep inside me I know she will make me do it. Yes, that lady is called mother.

We chatted for a while then I had to attend the meeting in which Mr. Goel will be present. Checking myself in the mirror I removed the crease from my dress to look professional and presentable. Walking through the elevator of the building my two bodyguards followed me inside the building of Sasha Healthcare and Pharmaceutical Private Limited. Guards were stopped at the door and I entered the managing director's office, he stood up and greeted me giving me impressive looks. "I would like to attend the meeting with Mr. Goel..." he looked up and down at me the replied, "Ishita... to be frank with you. I don't think that's a good idea moreover he will be annoyed by your desperation...". Something you should know about me is I don't like to get free advice unless I asked for it, "I didn't ask about your opinion... call the head of the presentation and make me enter the meeting else I can do it myself but trying to respect your protocols." he stuttered in response then made a call.