Chapter 17

Third Person's POV:

The more she was pushing herself away from Armaan, the more she was claiming his heart. He glimpsed at her leaving the balcony and followed her inside the dining area. Armaan mumbled something in her mother's ears. She nodded and agreed to leave, Nayantara company them to the parking lot where her car was waiting as well. Armaan opens the car door for Nayantara and glimpsed at Ishita opening the car door for Anjana. Nayantara followed his son's gaze stopping at Ishita, she gives it a thought and walked towards Ishita.

"Ishita... If you don't mind, can I have a word with you?" Ishita nodded glimpsing at the confused Armaan. "I don't know what complications are between you too..." she pointed between Armaan and Ishita. He lowered his head and she went on, "...but I want you to sit and talk about it like mature people do because soon you two will be bonded with marriage. You are perfect in your way and I want you to be my daughter-in-law, I agree with this alliance but I value your conviction as well. If you don't want this then don't hop in it for so silly reasons. I hope you will take my words seriously and will give them a thought." Ishita listens to her attentively and then simply nods in response as she respects Nayantara as a woman with morals and values but she hates his son.

It was the board meeting, and Ishita a day before resigned from the position of CEO she had in pharma. Although she still had a substantial stake in the company, someone couldn't just fire her, but she was no longer solely responsible for making decisions. Armaan entered the meeting wearing a black suit with a vest defining his physique and black leather shoes, two assistants walked inside following him.

Female employs drooled over him but his eyes were fixed on Ishita lazily sitting on the chair reading some important file not even glimpsing at him once. People murmured about how romantically he proposed to Ishita for marriage and announced their relationship publicly. Whereas Ishita was working on her new project collaborated with an eco-friendly energy-generating plant working on the same project with her in a greenhouse plant and Polly houses.

Board members stood in respect to welcome Armaan but Ishita stayed in her place, the members shared their opinion and finally chose Armaan as their new CEO. Ishita sternly congratulated him and left inside her office to finish the file she was reviewing. Armaan felt awkward as she walked away from him, people sensed something fishy between the couple. He professionally handled the situation by engaging with the employees but most of them didn't give him much acknowledgment which was strange to him. But in reality, they admired Ishita as a female respectable boss in the business industry and most of the female employees used to get flexibility as per the company's terms officiated by Ishita herself but now as the CEO has been changed, they were doubtful about his opinions.

Armaan got agitated and walked inside Ishita's cabin which was the CEO's office, he opened the door and walked close to her desk she didn't look up at him. "I thought by this time you would have packed your stuff and left this office because technically this is my office now" he announced arrogantly. This was the real side of the arrogant Armaan Goel world knows, Ishita looks up at him, "We have other cabins you can shift there I won't mind...". Armaan peeped down at the file she was reading, "Oh greenhouse... soon I will be owning that as well" Ishita closed the file standing up from her desk as she had enough of his conceited attitude.

Armaan used to enjoy arguing with her but now she was a little broken and damaged by the fact that her father changed her potential cards in split seconds. The media was continuously asking her the reason which made Raj Kund sell his company to Goel Industries sort of abandoning his daughter. Other outlets were asking her about her love life with Armaan and their marriage. Before now, Ishita was always two steps ahead of others, but now she was slipping backward. Still, her willpower didn't fade and she believed that she could accomplish more.