Chapter 24

Ishita's POV:

"Is it only me or do you also think something going on between the judge and the contestant?" Ritika mentioned reviewing a file with the fashion editor's top articles. I looked up from my computer lowering my specs, "Why does it concern us?" she shrugged, "Well it doesn't but possibly what we were trying to do will not flourish much if only one person stayed in highlight.". I nodded in agreement. The publication house running under me proposed the idea to collaborate with fashion icons and in Delhi, I did convince the sponsors for it.

But after reviewing the top-notch models of the fashion industry one name is ruling in this industry, Veronica Jain. Pearls Entertainment Industry has been favoring her a lot considering the other female models. We wanted the top supermodels from the last five years who have been nominated for International Fashion Icon Awards. As part of the magazine, we chose to feature them, which would provide future companions with an insight into the experience of their favorite supermodels. But the thing is in the last five years Veronica has been nominated for three years back-to-back which leaves us with only two other models.

"How will we gain exposure with only three supermodels?" Ritika placed the file on the table with pictures of the supermodel. After thinking for a while, I suggested, "Get the names of other models in Pearls International who weren't nominated as per their company guidelines, we will feature them as well." Her forehead creased, "They will start throwing mud at each other and it will create tension between the models in their company." I shrugged my shoulders, "I have nothing to do with it moreover it will be good for my magazines' promotion with the hype in the market." She nodded understandingly and checked my schedule, "Hey... you have a dinner thing at 8 pm..."

"I forgot about it crap... fine I will handle he's such a sweetheart I don't think he would mind..." Ritika gagged, "He's scared of you nothing else..." I rolled my eyes and called him but no answer. On the way, I got a call from Aadesh while driving to the restaurant "Don't tell me you want those documents back?" he scoffs, "I don't care... it is about Armaan..." he explained that he left his office angrily and they had a fight. "So, what do you want me to do buy him an ice cream and say oh baby big brothers are pigs..." he took a deep breath, "No... I want you to meet him and stay by his side and accompany him because he doesn't want me to interfere in his personal life but I want someone to be with him at his lowest". Possibly, this overprotectiveness makes Armaan feel crushed and that could be a reason for their fight.

"Fine but my generosity isn't free... I want forty percent stakes of Galaxy Apartments Complex." He chuckles amusingly, "You think I will give you a percentage just to meet my brother" I stayed silent and let him understand it wasn't a joke  he sighed and suggested, "Ten percent stakes and worth fifty lakh shares." Nah still not good. "I think I will visit a good friend of mine today." He thinks for a while and huffs, "Fine... last offer, twenty percent stakes, and worth twenty lakh shares." Twenty percent shareholder sounds good. "Done... just for you to know I don't have any friends," I smirked and ended his call. Calling Armaan again he answered the call and I threatened him without listening to him because I can't lose this deal I just made, it is a good opportunity and I have no intentions to let it slip out of my hands.

Sitting at our booked table I ordered myself a drink and waited for that moron to appear. After a good five minutes, he rushed inside the restaurant and sits in front of me panting for breath as he came here on his feet. "You're five minutes late and your penalty is to pay for the amount we lost in the pharma company because of your news outlet." He rested his head back on the couch, "Fine..." he does look exhausted and isn't feeling great or he would have argued with me on it. Yeah, that's my way to know a person's mood. 

I stood up and gestured for him to shift as I wanted to sit on the same couch, he raised his brows then gave up letting me sit next to him. "What happened?" I asked him taking his hand in mine, he looked up at me, "Aadesh Bhai called you right..." I chirped and nodded, "I got twenty percent of his Galaxy Complex just to meet you well technically I was meeting you it was a golden egg for me..." a small smile crept on his face, "You can make a deal out of anything..." I whispered, "Try me...".