Chapter 74

Third-Person's POV:

The FITM award ceremony was held in one of the prestigious hotels owned by the Oberoi Family. Many famous women in the business industry were present with their families. One of them was the famous Goel Family with two members nominated for the award, Yamini Goel and Ishita Goel. The publication house framed the event around them and dragged people's attention through media resources.

People were fascinated by it as well as seeing two competitors from one family. Armaan took a seat next to Ishita and grinned widely, "All set for winning...". She passed him a sly smile, "I was born ready to win." He chuckled and intertwines his finger with hers, "You look amazing..." she pecks his cheeks. Various slide shows were played on the big screens presenting the work of the nominees. Yamini stood in front of them blocking their view, "You too are the adorable couple... Thank you Armaan for being here." She took the other seat next to Ishita.

Yamini pulls out her small flipbook revising her speech for the award Ishita noticed it and mentioned with a soft chuck, "I don't think you would be needing those..." Yamini looked up at her, "I like to be prepared unlike you all dress up for a beauty pageant." Ishita smirked, "I'm dressed up for winning..." Yamini rolled her eyes, "Best of luck then..." Ishita shrugged it off, "It is people like you who believe in luck and I believe in opportunities, and this is one I have no intentions to let it slip out of my hands." Armaan glimpsed at them and mentioned, "I have no idea why you too fight over small things but you need to stop this catfight right now..." Ishita listened to him and shuts up but Yamini didn't and spoke ill words for Ishita.

The host of the event stood in front of the big screens and drags their attention, "Good Evening everyone. I'm Harsh Raichand, editor, and chief of Fiscal India Times Magazines." Cameras flashed on him and many media reporters gathered around to cover the important announcement. The editor went on in his speech, "Thank you all for being here today. It's an honor to bring you our annual women in business. Honoring so many remarkable women please join me in congratulating all of them on their outstanding achievements in business."

The crowd clapped together, and Yamini and Ishita had dead eye contact before getting the name of the winner this year. "However, at the end of the day, only one woman can be women of the year, and this year that honor goes to someone who has redefined herself in business and hasn't forgotten her values." The host motioned his hand towards the row of seats Ishita and Yamini were sitting together.

"Ishita Armaan Goel...." The crowd went crazy hooting for her and she acted surprised with a small gasp. Armaan felt butterflies in his stomach when Ishita had his middle and last name. Little did he know Ishita was the one who signed the nomination papers with that name. She stood up and pecked on Armaan's cheek before leaving to receive the award. Yamini was left stunned in her place because the editor tricked her by keeping the names with him till the end of the event. This whole time he assured Yamini that she was the winner as always but in the end, he switched sides.

Ishita took the award from the editor with a wide grin across her face and moved towards the microphone for her speech. "Thank you so much for this acknowledgment... You know I had to sacrifice a lot to get where I'm today. Nothing was ever handed to me I worked my way to get what I wanted. I believe you need to be a visioner if you wanna succussed in business. That's why I recently started my own company, Viable Energy. Which I have been building from the ground up on my own. It revolves around the idea of switching to an affordable and environment-friendly green energy supply for rural and big cities. It would not only help to get electricity at the lost cost but also keep the environment clean and green for our upcoming generations." The crowd appreciated clapping and Armaan clapped for her proudly.

Ritika's jaw dropped with wide eyes she mumbled incoherently, "Wow... Ishita really hit two birds with one stone no doubt she's the smartest and greatest business women ever." It caught Armaan's attention, and he glimpsed her briefly, "I don't doubt it either but... What do you mean by it?" she closed her mouth. Yamini knits her brows, "She might have done something nasty and low grading to receive this award." In anger, she followed after the editor and left the place.

Ritika pretended not to hear that and described Armaan "Sir... didn't you just see. Ishita not only got recognition as the FITM businesswoman of the year but also promoted her new company saving advertisement money. Every media reporter in this event will mention her winning speech in their magazines and newspaper which will include her companies' advertisement at zero cost." Armaan nodded understandably, "Which means that she not only showed Grandma her place but also got an opportunity in her business saving crores." Ritika agreed with him.

Ishita was surrounded by reporters and people congratulating her. The bodyguards helped her while she walked through the crowd thanking them. A picture booth was arranged to get her cover pictures by media companies. She posed with the award and brand ambassadors of the respective companies. They offered her various gift and proposed many deals and investment offers. Ritika moved forward helping her deal with people who were trying to be friendly with her forgetting who she really is. Ishita gave a disgusting look to an old man who spoke some flirty lines about her mother.

Ritika cornered her from the group of people with a grin, "What was the need to call him an old skank?". Ishita shrugged, "Because he was the one... didn't you hear what he called me. You should have let me pour some drink or throw a snack over him." Ritika tried to calm her when Armaan approached. "Congratulations Mrs. Armaan Goel. Why still so grumpy?" she smiled shyly with her arms crossed, "That old skank said that I got my sexy curves from my mother. Ritika stopped me or I might have broken his ribs by now." He chuckled and hugged her, "Okay leave it... now we should take our leave it's too late and Grandma had already gone...".

Ishita raised her brows, "It's certain that she is moping in a corner cursing her plight. I thought she would congratulate me for my great success because she was the one who got this whole idea." Armaan scoffed, "Why do you hate her so much?" Ishita walked out towards the parking lot with his hand in hand, "I don't know why she hates me but I hate her because she disrespected me and Maa. She always considers everyone below her and doesn't appreciate other women being equally or more genius than her. She might have gotten the best jewelry designs and has been the biggest philanthropist. But there is always someone better and way more deserving than her in the industry. She should respect that but no... she's going to act like a bitch then I can be a bad one too."

Armaan opened the car door for her, "You know that I love you..." she smiled and nodded, "Yeah... because I love you more." She pulled him inside the car crashing her lips with him. Armaan locks the door and kissed her back hungrily while her fingers tangled with his hair. Ritika cleared her throat hearing various moaning, "Ahem... should we let the driver inside or would you like me to get outside?" Ishita separated from him for a split second, "Get the hell out of here..." and pulled Armaan back into a kiss crawling up in his lap.  

Today's task: 40 votes + 20 comments

Hii there my lovely readers 🕮 Hope you liked this chapter, feel free to drop your suggestions and feedback related to the story.

If you want to know about me as an author follow me and drop a message in my inbox. I will surely reply to your text. Stay tuned for more such chapters coming soon💖

Vote and comment to help this book reach more readers...

Keep Reading Keep Smiling☺