Chapter 55

Ishita's POV:

I opened the door of my hotel room Ritika was standing in front of me lowering her head. I growled at her, "How the hell weren't I aware that he would have been here". She visibly gulped, "I don't know... I gave you the guest list but you didn't review it neither did I bother to check it." Huffing in annoyance I looked down at her hand. She passed me an invitation envelope, "This is an invitation for the grand mascaraed party. You're invited as well on behalf of the organization which presents their horses in the race."

I rolled my eyes, "And let me guess... Armaan might be there as well." She nodded softly, I busted, "This is all happening because of your carelessness. I don't want to see his face everywhere I go." She snapped her brows, "How long have you decided to run away from him? Ishita... be practical. You can't avoid him forever because you two work in the same industries. It's natural to cross paths and we came here for business but now you're mixing your personal life with professional. Then how am I the one at fault?". Taking the invitation in my hand I slammed the door close on her face because I hate being wrong.

Throwing the card on the bed I huffed sitting on the single couch lying in the room. It's so hard for me to avoid him because I know if I tried to make things stable between us. I would fall in love with him. Love isn't healthy for me and I'm scared he has a wife for the public's eye. I don't care about my reputation but I do care about his choices, I can't force my love on him. Veronica has been his first love what if his anger got subtle and he realize that Veronica is the one he wants to be with then definitely he would choose her over me. I know that I won't be able to overcome this rejection so the better thing for me now is to avoid him.

Everything was so simple between us till we got tangled with these complex love emotions. He truly cared for me I could feel that in his actions whenever he selflessly showered his love over me. His selfless love made me crave more of his love and affection but the moment we got to understand the feelings developing inside us. Veronica, the tragedy happened she sort of showed me that Armaan could be something else. His words got harsh, his actions got confusing and his care vanished into anger because of miscommunication. But in all of this, I'm exhausted trying to act cool because my insides are torn apart.