Chapter 50

Armaan's POV:

"DK... this is the best time to change our lives and expand the business including Yusuf Sheikh. He got the money and we got the artist his investment can bloom the future of Pearls Entertainment. As we both are partners profit would be fifty-fifty that is more than we are making right now..." I forwarded the stats document to Dk who was dodging the idea of signing the contract with Yusuf Sheikh and his billion-dollar company.

DK hummed in response but yet didn't look much interested, "Armaan the thing is what if he tried to take over the company because with his hundred crores offer, he's also demanding stakes of the company which is almost equal to us. I don't have a good feeling about it..." I was aware that he wouldn't agree with it but it's necessary for our plan to proceed. I hummed in response, "Yeah... asking companies stakes was a bit suspicious for me as well but then I dig deeper. Yusuf is a billionaire he just wants his name to be everywhere in the market so that he thinks of himself as the controller." I cannot act more desperate or he could smell something fishy with this deal.

DK nodded, "I guess you're right but I wouldn't be selling the company's stakes because you and I both have equal shares. We both are enjoying equal profit but with Yusuf in this business, he might overpower me or you. And I'm not going to take the risk..." I thought for a while and put the last stake of my plan forward because besides it I can't offer him anything. I rested my back on the comfortable chair, "I guess DK you're right and we should give up this deal..." I took a deep breath, "Well I just wanted to thank you for being there for me when my family kicked me out." He shook his head, "Armaan... You're my friend and I just did what felt right for the company. You have a lot of potential that can make us both reach the top..." I left a sigh, "Yeah... I tried to but failed. I contacted Yusuf and convinced him for this deal money for him is floating like a river because he's a prince. I wanted to do this for you as a return gift for your generosity."

DK stood up and patted my shoulders, "We will get a lot of opportunities in the future...". Dang, it... I failed this one, passing him a smile I nodded, and he added "But for you, I will take this deal..." I glanced at him in shock. He nodded, "I will take the risk for you and sign this deal with DK." I tried to control my happiness and expressed, "You'll do that for me... don't worry DK I will step down and you can sign the authority of stakeholding. You will get control over my stakes also so if Yusuf tried to take over you will have complete control over him. But in profit, we would share it and I trust you that you won't throw me out of the company." He chuckled and patted my back, "You have been the golden fish for me... I would think about it and sign the deal in the next contract discussion happening next week." I nodded my head he took the files from my desk and step out of the office.

I punched in the air, "Yes... your golden fish will soon vanish away your knitted dreams like the way you used other people's dreams to climb up the ladder." Resting my head back on the rolling chair I left a deep sigh and picked up my phone from the desk. Scrolling through the messages I opened the person's inbox whom I hired to keep track of Ishita's activity. I can't meet her because of the position I'm stuck in. I just want to hug her and tell her everything that I planned for our future and ask her does she really want this relationship to end. My eyes trailed to the picture of her sitting in a café wearing a simple plain kurta with heels. Amir, her father's assistant was sitting in front of her talking about something but she was busy stirring her coffee lost in her mind.

Scrolling through other pictures, from temple to café and restaurant even her business meetings. A picture caught my eye which was from her family function she was wearing a simple saree and doesn't have her nuptial chain around her neck or vermillion along the parting of her hair. She clearly wants herself free from this marriage and couldn't bare to keep my name attached to her. Closing the phone, I tossed it to my sides and rubbed my forehead, she doesn't want to keep pace with me. If I cannot come to meet her, she could have tried to but she cares for none other than herself.