Chapter 45

Ishita's POV:

Crossing my legs, I rested my head back sitting on my office chair waiting for Ritika. I turned my chair looking out of the floor-to-ceiling window of my office. From the view outside of a cloudy afternoon with busy streets, I never thought that someone will again push me into the position to feel the emotion of love. With one bad life decision, I learned that love is a pretty illusion that makes one expect things from the other person and expectations kill happiness.

When Armaan and I got married it was simple between us we had no emotional connection between us. He helped me and I helped him in return we got along well and enjoyed the times together loving the presence of each other. But from when I started loving him more than his presence things got messed up. When he told me that he loved me I was stunned and hope rise in me that maybe loving him isn't a bad decision. But the thing dragging me back to reality is maybe he said it so that he could get time to leave the room. Not because he loves me but because he wanted to leave me in any condition.

I don't like repeating mistakes because it's a waste of time and in the end, you're left alone at the edge of life where you get nothing after squandering everything. Still, somewhere the connection between us gives me hope that it would be life's best decision and I'm going to give it a try. Ritika knocked on the door I turned my chair towards her, "If one searches intently enough, he can find God too. And here we are searching Armaan Geol." She smiled and passed me some documents. "Armaan Goel has been chosen by DK and he made a transaction from Mumbai. It was enough to find him as he's staying in the pool house, he took you last time." I stood up from my chair.

"Let's go we shouldn't waste time..." we rushed outside the office. Ritika opened the car door and took the driving seat starting the engine she asked, "Ishita... don't get upset if he doesn't want to meet you because maybe there could be some reason." I shook my head, "I would try not to break his face but the thing bothering me is why he asked to share a partnership with Pearls Entertainment isn't that company promoting Veronica? Doesn't he know that and if he does then why would he step inside the snake hole? because she will surely tighten her grip around him. It would be dangerous and he could lose his lifelong made reputation after he left Goel Mansion." Ritika nodded and speeded up the car.

On the way, I called Maa and told her that I would be leaving for some work and won't be able to join her for dinner as the pool house was way far from the main city. I kept my eyes open not to dose off in the car because Ritika was driving. The car stopped outside the pool house it was covered in dust and looked low maintained than before. Pushing the steel door, I walked inside and Ritika parked the car outside the house, "No Guards..." Ritika shrugged and we stepped inside. Ringing the bell a housekeeping maid opened the door, I politely asked her "Is Armaan here?" she looked up and down at us then shook her head.

"No madam... no one came here since days." She politely stepped back to close the door. Ritika raised her brows, "That's not possible..." and looked around. The maid turned paler and gripped the door handle tightly. Her body language told me that she was lying but why would she, I placed my hand on the door and stepped inside, "Where's he? Did he tell you to say this to everyone that came here asking for him?" She wiped her sweaty forehead. Ritika tapped my shoulder and pointed at the car parked between the trees.

I glared at the maid and pointed at the car, "You said no one came here for days then who's car, is it?" she uttered in a low voice, "Ma'am I can't let you in... he doesn't want to meet anyone... please try to understand it's my job..." she joined her hands pleading and turned to close the door. Ritika stepped inside, "No need to get worried... ask him he..." a voice stopped us, "Nina... did you close the oven? I had muffins in the oven." My forehead ceased with the shrieking voice of the girl.