Chapter 49

Ritika's POV:

My one week's holiday has turned into a disaster, people love holidays because they get to do things which they aren't able to do in the holidays but in my case, I'm exhausted handling phone calls from Amir. He doesn't know shit about Ishita I just got to know that he had been in a secret relationship with Ishita. Which was quite surprising because he knows nothing about her not even things from her past. Thankfully Ishita broke up with him within three months and now she's married to the hottest man in the business industry.

Besides this pain in my ass, my boyfriend Amit just broke up with me saying that I don't have a job and won't be able to pay my bills. Ishita told me not to tell anyone in the company that I'm on break or have got a voucher card for personal use. I kept it from Amit also saying that Ishita put be on break searching for a new assistant but the thing that came from his side was unexpected. He was living with me and within one week I look like a burden to him.

We have been together for more than two years but I wouldn't deny the fact that I'm mostly out of work. Sometimes even between our make-outs, I have to rush back because Ishita got herself in trouble or she needs to bring something for her. But I can't blame her she pays me well for it so I think this breakup was expected it took long enough because he never got time to break up with me even.

Whatever happened has happened but his words were quite painful and harsh. Maybe he said it in anger but it made me feel insecure about myself. It's not like I'm all perfect but I have worked hard for the position I'm in because working at Mehra Group is many people's dream job. I have seen Ishita kicking out the most qualified toppers of college saying that they are geeky nut jobs. Yeah, she said that on their faces I salute her confidence which I can barely match but working for her I have to gain some fame and power myself in the business. I never wanted to do this my dream was to be a black coat lawyer solving cases at low cost winning most of them having control over the law.

Staring at the sunset from the top floor of a hotel I took a deep breath it kind of felt good until someone tapped my shoulders. I looked up at the person it was Aditya, "Um... Hi..." he mumbled I raised my brows, "Hi... come sit... do you need something?" he shrugged sitting in front of me, "Well nothing much... I was sitting two tables away from you. I couldn't stop the urge and dropped here to say hi." I smiled at him. Does he really have a crush on me? I don't believe in Ishita's words because he's a rich dude and I'm a working girl born at brought up in a lower-middle-class family.

Aditya snapped his fingers in front of me, "What happened? Why are you so lost in your mind? Is something bothering you? You can share it with me I'm a great listener." I looked up at him and then sighed because I don't know what to say and what not to. "Thank you..." he raised his brows. I cleared his confusion "Thank you for asking Ishita to give me a break and free swipe card to use endless but I have just used it at a few kinds of stuff." He smiled awkwardly, "Ah then I guess she would have told you things more than that..." I nodded he leaned forward, "And I'm not going to deny it, the truth is I like you and your way of living." I felt a Lil dazed by his confession about what he thinks of me some sort of shining that he likes.

"Um..." he cuts me off, "And I'm not going to force myself on you for a relationship or anything at all." I opened my mouth but he spoke first, "You might think it's weird but trust me that endless use card idea wasn't mine. She has definitely trapped you in my lovely play of hospitality that she will use later to blackmail you." I knit my brows, "Hey it's not..." he raised his hand and spoke in between, "I know she's your boss but she's stingy, and trust me she will do it. Wanna bet on it?" I kicked him under the table, "Shut up... Let me speak..." he placed a finger on his lips and sits back, "Okay... no need to get aggressive women."