Chapter 52

Third Person's POV:

Something cracked in Ritika's mind she got the perfect idea to make Ishita meet Armaan. She understood why Armaan loves her and the thing is simple Ishita never makes it look like she cares but proves by her actions that she cares. People hate her until they get to know her but in all this Ishita was sacrificing her happiness and didn't care about herself. Armaan was the only person you ever cared for Ishita selflessly because others used her for either money or as a person.

Armaan was trying his best to keep Ishita safe and away from the mess he was stuck in, but he did it too much in the process. Ishita felt insecure that if he's lying to her now about such big things in their life what will he do in the future? Since her childhood, she has seen her father who has been a heartless and conniving person which subconsciously in her mind developed a lack of confidence in love and relationship. To be on the safe side she chose to divorce Armaan and push the love away that she was carrying in her heart for him. Her fear made it up in her mind that love will cause such damage to her soul that it won't heal.

Whereas Armaan was haunted by the fear that the past would repeat itself and he was continuously overthinking it. He wasn't scared of commitment he was afraid of surrendering control too quickly. Veronica broke him in such a way that he closed all the easy paths leading toward him. He was standing on the edge and wanted Ishita to walk toward him which she wasn't going to do because they had a mile's distance between them. But they both had one thing common in them they both were scared to love. They were scared of being hurt that they close themselves off from being loved.

When it comes to love it glows in the gloomy darkness, their love existed on a soul level it just needed the realization. "Who bought these cheap-ass love storybooks?" Ishita slammed the book on her desk which she just pulled out from her bookshelf. Ritika scratched her head because she filled Ishita's bookshelf with love novels. "Were these shit on discount? Who got these?" Ishita showed the book to Ritika and pointed at the shelf which was filled with such novels. Ritika cleared her throat "Um... I got those... for myself... yeah... for myself I don't have a bookshelf so I kept it in yours." She made up some lies to save herself because her plan failed to get Ishita read those books and feel the love inside her.

Amir knocked on the office door, "Come in..." Ishita ordered, he stepped inside "I have your schedule, coffee, and a muffin." She hummed in response and asked, "Is everything ready for the conference meeting and after it?" he nodded and replied, "Everything is prepared..." she nodded, "I would be there in a minute..." Ritika complimented him while Ishita picked up the files entering the conference room. People stood up in respect she gestured for them to sit and started the meeting. They discussed working for an hour solving issues of different firms, Mehra Groups was expanding with great speed as Goel Industry wasn't making any moves in the industry. They were recovering their position in the market which drastically fell when the CEO of Goel Industries resigned from his position.

Ishita as a businesswoman wasn't going to let this opportunity slip from her hands, she announced in the meeting "We need bigger investors in our different firms... do anything to attract investors." The head of the managing team responded, "Ma'am we have small investors interested in our business model. For bigger investors, we need a representative and collaborate with global investors to be a global market player."

Ishita thought for a while and asked, "Who's currently the biggest global market investor?". The members thought for a while discussing with each other and mentioned, "Yusuf Sheikh... the prince of Dubai he hasn't invested in any of our competitive companies. He has invested in the foreign trade market but his investments have made an impact on the BSE. I guess he would like to take advantage of it as well." Another member spoke in between, "Not yet... Ma'am as per the insiders' news he's going to be a major investor in Pearl's Entertainment Industry." Ishita raised her brows, "What? Why would an elite like Yusuf be interested in Pearls Entertainment?" members looked at each other and shook their heads, not knowing the reason.

Meeting ended soon and Ishita walked out of the conference room hustling in her mind. Armaan has been a partner with DK but she knew they don't have the capability to get someone like Yusuf in the market before Ishita it was hard for her to digest. She shrugged it off and determined to get Yusuf before Pearls Entertainment. Ritika passes the media reviews to Ishita she looked up at her and then took a glance at the highlighted comments. She busted out laughing holding her stomach, "Wait... what... People really love me that much and think Veronica aka night shift street hustler is breaking my marriage with Armaan. I love the comments about Armaan, they are calling him a dickhead from that dating reality show Splitsvilla." She snorted checking comments and giggled at the funny ones.

Ritika cleared her throat, "Do you want us to kill these rumors?" she shook her head, "No way... I love them..." She scrolled through some more and felt refreshed. Ishita revealed her plan to Ritika, "I'm going to get Yusuf as an investor in Mehra Groups for that I want to know the social gatherings he will be a part of. Unfortunately, I have to be the representative of the Mehra Group and approach him for this but the only problem is I don't like people." Ritika sighs, "Well that's true but you have to do it by yourself because we can't trust anyone else to be a representative. You can describe the company's expertise better and in addition, you're a charmer."

Ishita took a deep breath, "Fine... I will do it..." Ritika nodded her head and took her to leave. Finishing the work, it was already past lunchtime. Ishita checked her watch "Aww... my stomach might be so sad... don't worry baby I'll get you everything that my gym trainer told me not to eat. You know how much I love you..." Ritika entered and stared at Ishita talking to herself, "What? Who do you love so much?" Ishita pouted, "My little stomach's hunger I need to get him something to eat before he demands eating someone's head." Ritika giggled at her dramatic behavior, "Fine... just take a look at it. We have found that Yusuf Sheikh every year appears in the royal ascot. It is one of the most prestigious horse racing events, royal families and other powerful people take part in this event as well."

Ishita gestured for her to keep going, Ritika added "This year it would be happening in the upcoming week and we need to be prepared before time to get in touch with Yusuf." She ordered, "Then it's cool get some horses in the race and a seat next to Yusuf Sheikh." Ritika nodded, "Okay... I just needed your permission... would you..." she waved cutting her off "I'm so hungry that I'm having the illusion that you're a pie...". Ishita picked up her bag and raced outside towards the elevator. 

Today's task: 40 votes + 25 comments

Hii there my lovely readers 🕮 Hope you liked this chapter, feel free to drop your suggestions and feedback related to the story.

If you want to know about me as an author follow me and drop a message in my inbox. I will surely reply to your text. Stay tuned for more such chapters coming soon💖

Vote and comment to help this book reach more readers...

Keep Reading Keep Smiling☺