Chapter 53

Armaan's POV:

Knocking on the door Veronica and DK entered my office, I looked up at them from my laptop and "What!". Veronica smiled walking towards me, "You're still working... you should definitely take a break." I gave her a look, "What do you want?" she sighs glimpsing at DK. "Well DK and I have decided to visit The Royal Ascot as I have the invitation being a well-known socialite. I checked the guestlist Yusuf Sheikh would be there so DK wanted to tag along because he wants to personally interact with him." I raised my brows at DK, "Um... I don't think it's necessary."

If DK got there to meet the real Yusuf, then our whole plan will flop because the company Dk will sign the deal with is fake. Yusuf Sheikh is a global market investor he doesn't give a fuck about entertainment companies. I made up this whole lie trying to trap DK but now if Yusuf denied that he never agreed to do any deal like this then my whole plan would collapse. I did a lot of hard work on this and because of this plan I had to accept the marriage certificate. Veronica snapped her fingers, "Hey... what happened?" I shook my head, "No... Nothing... I was just thinking about who would handle the work here. Projects are aligned and..." Dk cuts me off, "Cmon Armaan... you're a boss we have employees to handle them in our absence. Just come with us we will have fun..."

I shook my head, "No... I don't think it's a great idea to stalk Yusuf and interfere in his personal life." They looked at each other and Veronica shrugged it off, "Fine... sit by your ass in this office because I'm going... DK you wanna come..." she turned towards DK. He instantly nodded, "Of course baby... I want a change in atmosphere, drink champagne with rich people, and sleep with their wives." He chuckled at his lame joke followed by Veronica's giggle. They stepped out of my office and I sit back holding my head, "Shit... how could this happen? The Royal Ascot was going to happen the previous month did they postpone it to the upcoming week. Damn it..." huffing in frustration I roamed around the office.

Slipping my phone out I informed about it to Yash, he gasped in response "Are you serious? Yusuf will hang us upside down if he found out that we were doing a scam using his company's name." Running fingers through my hair I asked him, "Is there any way we can stop this? I denied to attend such an event but DK surely will go". He thought for a while, "Armaan, I suggest you go there because thousands of rich families would be there to make some lies or bribe Yusuf's security to not let DK meet Yusuf. See... it's better than sitting here and praying that he doesn't meet Yusuf." I understood what he meant, "Fine... I'll see what I can do..." ending the call I collected my things and stepped out of the office.

Opening the door of DK's office, I thought to tell him that I have changed my mind but instantly regretted it. He was hiding his face in Veronica's cleavage. Silently I closed the door and take a deep breath to pretend that I didn't see anything, knocking on the door I cleared my throat. DK asked to come in looking down at my phone I asked him, "Hey... I was thinking to go out together for lunch. What do you think?" I looked up at them.

Veronica adjusted her hair, "Um... sounds good. I'm up..." I want to slam her face on the desk but maintained a stern look. She walked up to me tangling her hand with my arms, "Let's go, baby..." I gave her a tight smile, "Sure love..." she giggled in response and I scrunched my nose looking away.

Entering the restaurant, we took a seat next to the bar area. Veronica ordered some gluten-free salads and drinks. DK and I ordered normal food, checking through the food I mentioned, "Well... sorry guys I denied the trip directly but after searching about this Royal Ascot I found it quite intriguing. So, I guess I will be joining you guys..." Veronica smiled awkwardly, "Oh... that's great..." I gave her a tight grin and asked politely, "What? You don't look happy I thought you would be happy with it. I actually did it for you we haven't gotten out on any trip together. You're my wife it would be a shame to let you go alone..." she passed me a smile glimpsing at DK.