Chapter 75

Armaan's POV:

I checked myself in the mirror adjusting my tie and pinned it with my shirt. Taking my suit jacket with me I walked out of my room walking downstairs. Mom approached me with a pooja plate and smiled seeing me walking down the stairs. "I was just going to come into your room to wish you Happy Birthday." She applied Kumkum on my forehead. I bent down, touching her feet, "Thank you..." and side-hugged her. She pats my cheeks loving, "Have a long happy, and healthy life, my lovely son." Her eyes glittered with emotions.

"Happy Birthday Bhai..." Aditya waved getting inside the house in his gym clothes, "Thank you... by the way where were you? See your mother is getting all emotional on my birthday again. It's like a ritual every year." Aditya chuckled side-hugging Mom. She wiped her cheeks, "You both have grown up so quickly. I still can't believe that Armaan's married and Aditya is on his way to it as well." Aditya faked a gasp, "I'm getting old like bhai..." scrunching my nose I pulled him into a bro hug and punched his ribs.

Mom slapped his forehead, "Age is just a number because your brains are still stuck in a ten-year-old child. Anyways, where's your wife Armaan?". I sighed, "She left the office early." Mom knits her brows, "She's being too much involved in business these days. It's not good for her health, take her for vacation or something." I shrugged it off, "Viable Energy is her dream and there is nothing wrong in loving her dream more than her husband. I mean I'm jealous but not in a bad way..." she raised her brows at me, "Your jealousy toward her never ends, remember you married her out of jealousy as well." A small smile spread on my face. They were quick to catch it and looked at each other in shock, "Did he really blush hard?".

"Okay... no need to overreact. I have many works in my office today so I'm going to take my leave." I walked out of that awkward situation as soon as possible. Driving through the highway that smile came back on my face, really, I married her out of jealousy but she made me the happiest man in the world. I checked my phone on the way and it was loaded with birthday wishes from people who only appear on my birthday the rest of the year they are grounded.

Ignoring those tacky messages from a relative's cousin I checked the stock market and our shares were doing good. Entering the office building I was handed some flower bouquets by some managing directors. Heading inside Yash rushed towards me squeaking in happiness "Happy Birthday my boy..." I rolled my eyes, "What am I? an eight-year-old boy. I'm your boss so better act like it...". He huffed in annoyance, "Come on... I know you're old for this but still..." I gave him a death glare for calling me old. He was taken aback by it and started petting my arms, "Oh please... stop giving that look like your wife gives everyone. Anyways I heard she's launching her energy company today."

My brows twitched, "Really... she didn't tell me and not even invited me to her launch party. Strange..." Yash hummed in response and we walked away to our separate offices. The whole day was hectic since I had back-to-back meetings aligned. Though Ishita's business project is efficient and stable, I personally think she won't be able to cope with the stress she will have to endure being the face of Mehra Groups because she is already overburdened with her pharmaceutical business. It makes me concerned about her health. 

Ishita's POV:

"Baby... baby... come on..." I paced in my office with the pregnancy stick in my hand. Ritika let a long sigh, "Calm down Ishita..." I placed the stick on the table and rubbed my arms, "How can I calm down? I thought this would be the perfect gift for Armaan on his birthday and now... God If I don't get pregnant what will I gift him?". Ritika chanted something in her mind and then spoke, "Listen... you can gift him something loving or memorable. It's not necessary to get pregnant....".

I looked up at her, "I guess you're right but I thought it would have been a great memorable gift for his birthday at zero cost." She raised her brows at me, "At zero cost... you're saving money to buy him a gift." I acted cool, "Yeah what's wrong with that?" and rechecked the pregnancy stick. "It's still negative... we have used five different sticks none of them has been positive. I don't have a backup gift for him now..." she took a deep breath and expressed, "Ishita... take this baby thing seriously because it would be a part of your life as well."