Chapter 30

Note: Complete Daily Task mentioned at the end of the chapter for the next update. 

Ishita's POV:

Later that night Raj Kund told us bout his trial in the court which obviously I wasn't going to attend and why should I? only my hands will get dirty cleaning his dirt. My first magazine cover was worth the attention so I visited the model including Veronica during the shoot. Ritika on the way mentioned, "Are you seriously going to keep Veronica on the cover?" I smiled glimpsing at her, "Obviously not... I can't risk it but if I had to remove her from cover then it will cause me to pay her the amount mentioned on the contract but if I made her leave so she would have to pay as mentioned in the contract."

Ritika sighs, "If Armaan would have told us before we sighed the contract then it might have saved us a million dollars." I defended her complaint, "No... it's not his fault we should have done a deeper background check on these models before signing the contract." She smirked at looked at me, "You're playing the role of the wife well..." I raised my brows asking for an explanation, "Why would you say that these are all business facts and we have newly entered the fashion industry so it was expected?". She chuckled, "Keep saying that..." I huffed in frustration, "Nothing is like that recently I read in the news that a model was promoting a drug-based product for which she's now banned in the industry. Simply I was just proving my point..." she hummed in response and peeped outside ignoring me.

Reaching the shooting location crew members welcomed me and Ritika come models came forward to formally introduce themselves. Veronica was sitting in her vanity van getting her makeup done I talked with the models and the photographer. Reviewing his cover idea, it was a black and white mixed rare beauty cover. The cover's main theme was to show the glamour with a darker shade to convey that this industry isn't all glamorous. With this, I got my plan ready to change the model according to their themes.

Examining the models, Sarah, Natasha, and Suzi I ordered the photographer, "Change the model with their themes." He looked at me in confusion and I explained, "Sarah has a beautiful right profile whereas Suzi had a defined left profile, bring them to the sides and replace Natasha as the center model. Veronica will be standing behind with a dress color blending with the backdrop." They all looked in horror because with a dress blending with the backdrop a person wouldn't draw attention.

Natasha was happy to be the center model with a white gown that catches the eye's attention with a black backdrop. The magazine selected the models reflecting the north, south, and middle of India but Veronica fitted in everything as she had variant facial features. As much as I know she wouldn't think to present herself as a multi features supermodel. Her arrogance is something that will make her lose this contract saving me a million dollars.

As expected, Veronica came out of the vanity van with the black dress in her hand, "What is this? You cannot change the theme by yourself without informing the model's company." I shrugged, "This is my magazine's cover and you are getting paid to work as I want you to do. This has nothing to do with your company, and additionally, I don't think DK will have any problem with me." she fumed throwing the dress on the floor, "I will sue and your company for messing with me. I'm not doing this feel free to have these shitty models those who suck giving poses." I got her where I wanted, "Fine... It's your choice, this shoot will take place today, but you will have to pay the fine if you violate the contract, according to the magazine cover owner."

She chuckled, "Why would I pay the fine when you're the one removing me from the cover?" I faked a gasp, "Never... I never said that... here I'm only telling you to cooperate with the other models and do as the photographer says. I never removed you from the cover you're the one backing off before the shoot so you will have to pay the fine for wasting our time and efforts ruining the theme as we prepared prior. Unfortunately, I'll have to drag you to court if you don't." She gave me a disgusted look, "Unbelievable... Here is a nasty bitch from hell, Armaan's wife. I thought he would marry a nice pussy to fulfill his desires." She mentioned it in front of the other members but I had to act cool keeping my urge to slam her face on the table.

I smirked, "Then you should stay away from hell's burning fire, or you might burn to a crisp" she rolled her eyes and left stomping her feet. Clapping my hands I ordered others, "Back to the work girls..." then nodded and took their positions posing as I wanted them to. Veronica wasn't wrong that they have a dead look on their face but it was helpful for me as per the magazine themes requirement. It was soon over after some pretty shots and I selected the best ones to get edited and printed as the first cover of my magazine publication house, "Gold Dust" which in other words means something rare to find because everyone wants it.

Raj's trial ended at a good point because of Amir and his lawyers who specialize in making wrong things right. At the hall just after the entrance of the court I met them, Raj came out with my mother, Esha, and Kartik. "Did I miss the verdict? Your guilty right..." he sighed at my comment and revealed, "Thanks for that amount of confidence but why are you here now... to get some exposure for your new magazine promotion." I cooed him, "Aww... don't say that I came here to see you sitting on that criminal van. I love them so much..." mom slapped my hand, "Shut up... that's nothing good." She dragged me out when media reporters flashed their cameras on us.

Lawyers answered some questions and Raj came forward to spit out some of the innocent acts he did in past. Then the cameras turned towards me and a reporter asked, "What do you think about the allegation Kashika Malhotra is making over Raj Kund?". I smiled and waved at them, "Oh I strongly believe that Kashika has some medical illness because Raj Kund... my father is such a humble man he shaped me into a successful businesswoman that I'm launching my latest magazine 'Gold Dust' on Saturday." The reporters looked at each other and smiled politely at me.

Raj's lawyer slapped their forehead and then cover up the situation but I had done what I wanted to. Mom pushed me inside the car and hopped in as well, "You're so careless this is something serious... a murder and you know at the next trial they will be calling you for the testimony." I glimpsed at Raj who saw me from the corner of his eyes, this can't be Kashika because she's a coward and knows I can pull out every strand of her hair. I need to do something because I can't ruin my reputation defending a murderer. Neither can I avoid presenting at the court because then Raj could get a point to turn the case all around me and how long will I run away from them?

Even if I lied under oath and claimed he was innocent, they will eventually uncover the truth, and I will be caught lying under oath in the judiciary. I'm completely stuck in the situation standing on a rock surface with marsh around me. The slightest mistake will ruin my life-long made reputation due to Raj Kund's actions. I highly believe Raj can do such a thing but why on earth will he try to kill someone? 

 I highly believe Raj can do such a thing but why on earth will he try to kill someone? 

Today's Task: 20 votes + 40 comments.

Hii there my lovely readers 🕮 Hope you liked this chapter, feel free to drop your suggestions and feedback related to the story.

If you want to know about me as an author follow me and drop a message in my inbox. I will surely reply to your text. Stay tuned for more such chapters coming soon💖

Vote and comment to help this book reach more readers...

Keep Reading Keep Smiling☺