Chapter 31

Note: Complete Daily Task mentioned at the end of the chapter for the next update.

Ishita's POV:

Taking the folder in my hand I knocked on the door of my father's office he wasn't inside but Amir was present in the office. He had dark brown hair, a nicely trimmed beard, and light brown eyes. I used to have a crush on him in my high school when he first came into the company to practice as a lawyer. Raj trusted his loyalty and he sometimes use to come home regarding his work and then we had... ah leave it.

"Sorry... Raj left for an important meeting with the shareholders." He mentioned like I didn't know. "Ah... right but I came here to give you this..." I forwarded the file he looked up at me in confusion so I explained, "The lawyers drafted this in which Kashika agreed before that they wouldn't file the civil suit or bring this mess up ever again if Raj Kund admitted his guilt. I'm sure a healthy amount of cash was involved but... what can I say? We have been a part of the Mehra Group which makes it obvious that we share lawyers. I mean what is it point of getting away with murder if you had to pay for it later... right? I thought it was worth it."

Amir reviewed the documents that had Raj's signature he sighed in relief, "That would be so helpful in the next trial, your father should start acknowledging your potential. I'm sure after this he will because since Kashika ever found that evidence against him from the murder site, he has been favoring her more than you to keep her satisfied so she wouldn't bring it up in court. I would give this to his attorney but I'm curious he never mentioned such documents to me in the past..." I snatched the legal document paper from his hand "Because they aren't real, I have been forging Raj's signature since fifth grade to sign my report cards preventing him from going to my parents' teacher meeting in the school."

I stepped towards him, "And I clearly didn't know if Raj killed Mr. Malhotra until you just told me." he turned a shade paler with his jaw hitting the floor. "Congratulations Amir... you're going to win another criminal case as it's not the first time you're saving a murderer." I left his office. Everything that I ever overthink came true in the end. As I doubted, he killed Mr. Malhotra, and why he did that I'm going to ask him but something which I'm surely not going to do is claim him innocent in my testimony under oath.

Telling Ritika, the truth I told her to find some way to get my name out of the witness list because I'm not saving a murderer even if he's, my father. Armaan called me to know if I'm going back with him, he clearly couldn't wait for God knows what. My life couldn't be any simpler than how the hell I'm going to handle another thing added to my life. That's the reason I never got into any serious relationship, the last time I did it didn't go well.

Entering the Mehra Mansion, I took a deep breath Mom called me out, "Ishita come... I will serve you dinner. Where were you, I was going to call you but..." she noticed that I stopped my feet. "Baby what happened?" I looked up at her innocent face all her life she was trapped under a murderer what if he tried to harm her? What would I have done? I was so young when all this happened.

She cupped my face and I let her know "Raj Kund killed Mr. Malhotra". But the thing that took my breath away was she wasn't even a bit surprised. She looked at the floor avoiding making eye contact with me, "You knew...." I breathed out. She turned her face away, "Mom please tell me... for all this time you knew he killed someone, and for what?". Tears swelled in her eyes, "Ishita baby... you were young and had a bright future ahead. I could have done anything to save you." A day filled with so much to take in left my blood chilled and my head started spinning. I sat back on the couch with the help of the center table next to me and took deep breaths trying to calm my nerves.

Raj Kund rushed inside the house and huffed standing in front of me. "Ishita..." he breathed out and pleaded, "Please don't do anything stupid..." I tried to keep my head straight but my world felt like spinning. Shaking my head, I hold it looking down at the floor taking deep breaths. Mom argued with him Raj about something but I couldn't comprehend what they were saying. My body felt numb after a while with excessive sweating a glass of water was moved forward gulping it, I passed it back and looked up at the person offering it, "Armaan..." I breathed out, he motioned me to sit still and not say anything.