Chapter 6

Ishita's POV:

I agreed to this lunch because I wanted to distract myself from reality. I told Mom that I will handle this but I didn't have any idea how. But in the search for distraction, I felt something else that I didn't feel in the last ten years. Sitting on his lap I was captivated by his caramel eyes which were getting darker from the flow of desire. His perfect kissable lips left a breath leaving apart.

Armaan is the most handsome man of his age and the position he has in Goel Industries just adds to it. Anyone can fall for him, even in the split seconds I read every emotion that overcast him, he tried hard to suppress it by taking deep breaths but his bulge told me everything. Looking outside I blushed for affecting him but acted like I don't care. We were becoming something more than strangers and business relations were building a bond of affection which is not good for me. I need to stay the hell away from him...

I smelled him getting jealous as he mentioned Kartik's name bitterly then after clearing his doubt his whole face lit up and a smile of satisfaction was plastered on his face throughout the whole dinner. I wanted to bust laughing that why he was getting all possessive around me when we barely know anything about each other. His smile was precious he feels free around me as I never judged him maybe because of that reason we were feeling the connection between us.

His car stopped in the parking area under my building stepping out he waved at me with a smile as I stepped outside his car. "I hope I didn't scare you..." he chuckled to ease the tension. "Well, I should be the one asking you that because you were startled when I threw the pen holder at that lunatic... " he nodded, "Yeah just a little..." a small laugh left my lips seeing him rubbing the back of his neck in embarrassment. "See you soon..." he said taking a few steps backward. My smile faded because I think we won't be seeing each other taking a few steps close to him I kissed his cheeks he froze at my swift move.

His eyes were seeking permission as he lowered his head and kissed my cheek which descended to my lips. His hands cupped my jaw deepening the kiss and flavoring my mouth, I didn't plan to do this neither did he plan to but this was more than perfect. My hands reached back of his neck while his hands wrapped around my waist and pulled me close. Our kiss broke for a few seconds as we took a sharp breath and then attacked back on each other's lips.

Breaking the kiss, we looked at each other in utter shock, this wasn't supposed to happen but it did and we need to accept this. His swollen plump lips were evident of my desires as well, I can't just put the blame all on him. He licks his lower lip, I waved at him awkwardly and turned to get inside the private elevator hitting the top floor. I looked at him. He was still standing there looking in my direction scolding his action, I smiled at him to make him feel better it wasn't his fault. It happened because of the sexual tension between us the elevator door shuts and I sighed "Unbelievable, I did it... that was not me...". I want the earth to swallow me then I realized I was in an elevator so the earth can't listen to me.

Vikram wasn't present at the office the rest of my day was spent smoothly, Priya knocked on my door passing me a folder but she was acting awkwardly. "Is there something you want to tell me? I won't judge you..." she looked with fidgeting her fingers. "I'm sorry Ishita but... when I was going out to check up on the problem at the construction site and stopped by the parking area. I saw it... I mean you kissing Armaan Goel... I didn't want to but you two looked magical so I couldn't help it. But I promise I won't..." I cut her off, "I don't mind... relax I'm not like the bosses who control their employee's life. You can see whatever you want." My cheeks had a pint of pink and a smile that wasn't leaving my face today.

Priya rubbed her brows awkwardly and nodded, "Well... the file in your hand has all the details about Kartik Oberoi and his personal, and professional life. I will suggest you take a good look at page five as it has the list of girls he ever dated." I nodded and check the list it was much longer than I expected it to be. After the year his father died, he indulged himself in work and barely met his friend but in his hotel, Esha was having a photoshoot and they met as she wanted to make a few changes to her background.