Chapter 23

Armaan's POV:

Next morning, sitting on the bed I looked down at my left hand with the most precious diamond engagement ring around my finger. I never had the courage to remove the ring but in front of her and the whole family, everything was so simple. Even if I removed her last precious thing from myself, I wouldn't be able to remove her from my heart.

Getting up from the bed I took a long relaxing shower and changed into my office formal suit. Sliding the watch in my hand I picked up my phone walking out of my room towards the hall. Breakfast was getting served, Mom seems happy today as returned from the temple. Taking a bite from the sandwich I checked for any new message or important news. Yash's name flashed on the screen answering it I heard an excited voice of him, "Armaan... I have great news for you literally the news which will make your day." I shrugged, "What? your girlfriend broke up with you..." he scoffs.

"The Japanese tech company you were interested to make them collaborate with you on your terms has agreed to the deal and has sent the advance money for the investment." He replied sternly. I hooted, "Wow... that's great news as it will be the second most profitable deal, we will make this month. Up for drinks..." I asked him "No... I need to check up on my girlfriend." He huffs madly ending the call. Leaving for work I had a busy schedule so I started working when after an hour the receptionist entered with a bouquet and an envelope."Sir... this came from Mehra Group and I was instructed to hand it over to you." I nodded and she left.

That's a big surprise my fiancée sent me flowers, checking the bouquet I opened the envelope something was written in calligraphy cursive handwriting, "I hope you like the flowers sweetheart and yes I'm interested in the partnership. Let's discuss this on a dinner date because I want to try Italian food - Your gorgeous fiancée, Ishita Mehra." Oh, God how much of a narcissist she really is, and who calls a man sweetheart I just hate that name it makes me feel like a fragile doll. This note was supposed to be romantic but it's more like a kid's bragging diary of self-affirmation, and who the hell asks on a dinner date like this. At the engagement party, the envelope I gave her was a proposal for an equal partnership with Mehra Group.

I kept the envelope in my personal drawer and turned back to my work. Yash entered the office with a scowl on his face, "What happened? some stray dogs chase you..." I commented while typing on the laptop. He sits on the couch resting his head back, "Why girls are so complicated? Like one moment they like this and in another, the whole liking thing changes. When I guy is serious in a relationship the girl screw ups cheating or backstabbing. Similarly, when a girl is in love she does everything for her love but then the guy fucks up some chick ruining the love inside her." I looked up from my computer screen, "What kind of high school novel did you buy this time?" he does have a taste in them but not every novel is quite fascinating.

"Give it thought Armaan doesn't Ishita lies in the same category, like till the day before yesterday she put you in jail now you have an engagement ring around your finger. I showered my love over my girlfriend now she thinks I'm useless and couldn't do good in life. She has started seeing someone else I just got to know about it today when I decided to take a leave and spend a day with her but ended up being alone sitting here telling cold-blooded my pain." he exasperated. I kinda agree with him as well but Ishita made it clear she just wants me as a husband ideal standing next to her nothing else. It does hurt hearing it from her but what else could we do?

At lunchtime, I had some work that needed my brother's attention calling his PA I confirmed that he was in his office. I decided to have lunch with him as well as discuss this important project which has some political angles and smells fishy to me as some terrorist organization had some influence on it. Droving to his government office I stepped inside the building passing the security check. A bodyguard squad me to his office on the sixth for and opened the door for me, I stepped inside and saw Aadesh bhai talking to someone on the phone with his back towards me.