Chapter 66

Ishita's POV:

With shaky hands, I pulled out the documents and reviewed the terms mentioned checking if Armaan has added any. Flipping through pages I checked my signature then glimpsed at the side Armaan had scribbled something. My body shivered with a rush of emotion kneeling on the floor and letting my tears fall. Wiping my tears, I bit my lips suppressing the cries, it was written in his handwriting. "I love my wife... I can't live without her so if she wants to leave me tell her to kill me." more tears fall from my eyes.

Ritika busted inside my office and found me sitting on the floor shivering like a leaf. She hugged me kneeling down, "Ishita... Are you okay? You look pale...". Wiping the tears my cheeks felt numb I passed her the divorce papers. She took it from me and inspected the page I'd been reading for the last hour. A wide grin appeared on her face, "He's so romantic... God... he's increasing my expectations for my future husband." I passed her a weak smile, "I don't deserve his love..." she left a sigh, "Ishita... get over it... you have been torturing yourself staying away from him. I know you have bad past relationship experiences but that doesn't mean you will ruin your present. Ishita... he's your husband and surely loves you what else do you want."

I curled up in the corner, "I'm scared... what if one day he gets bored of me and throws me out... as everyone in my life did?". She caressed my hair lovingly and mumbled, "You know I used to have a dog in my childhood. My mother didn't like him at first but then she loved him more than her life." Narrowing my eyes, I looked up at her with twisted brows "How does it relate to my current situation?" she left a soft chuckle, "Well... it doesn't. Your hair just felt soft as his fur..." twitching my brows I gave her a bitch look, "What kind of weed are you smoking these days?". She covered up her terror with an awkward smile, "I just thought you were overthinking and worrying over silly things. None of us has seen the future so the better thing to do is go with the flow or you will end up in one place forever."

Clearing my throat, I stood up from the floor and adjusted my clothes, "First of all never dare to touch my hair again or I'll kill your dog." Ritika showed her perfect teeth, "Fine... do you want me to drop you home?" I nodded, "Yeah... I don't believe I could handle another meltdown." Putting the papers back in the envelope I took it with me, Ritika checked my phone "Hey... the battery of your phone is dead didn't you charge it last night?" I checked it myself and searched for a power bank in my purse but I wasn't carrying any at the moment, "Crap... I forgot it next to the nightstand. It won't be a problem as I'm heading back home."

Ritika agreed and walked with me to the parking lot, she chose to drive her car which was an extremely bad decision. She loves her car and drives terribly slow I took a short nap while she kept babbling. Ritika was declining someone's call enormously I couldn't help myself and ask, "Who is it?" she stole glances, "Aditya..." I rolled my eyes, "Your being mean to him Ritika. He has never shown such attachment towards anyone I heard it from her mother. He's like the coolest playboy ever... give him a chance to at least express himself and prove his love. We already got rid of that sex tape even though we still have no idea whose original plan was it. Because Amir mentioned the man whom he tracked was just a pawn."

Ritika sighed, "I don't feel anything right about our relationship, and why the hell did you let Amir handle it? He was harassing me with it in the court that was so shameful for me." I shook my hands dismissively, "Relax ... he's just good with dirty work that's one of the reasons my father loves him. I could have handed over this responsibility to someone else but I needed a person to be trusted. Since the tape had all the positions..." she stared at me in shock, "Did you watch it?" I chose not to reply to that question.

She angrily speeded up and we thankful got home on time, "I'm leaving now...". I nodded letting her drive away from the entrance, walking inside the house through the steeping stone track I rang the doorbell. Armaan opened the door furiously, "Where were you? I called you several times then suddenly your phone was switched off. I called your mother and she told me that you left two hours ago. You have no idea how much you scared me I was going to send my bodyguards behind you. You were out alone for so long and didn't bother to call me at least once." As he walked towards the kitchen complaining, he glanced at me when he didn't hear my footsteps behind him.

I was still standing at the door, "Ishita... what happened?" he walked towards me. I stepped inside and closed the door behind me staring into his eyes. He blinked examining me, I showed him the envelope "What is this?". He took it from my hand and lowered his head he took a quick look at the documents inside, "Ishita... it's..." he fumbled in his words as I gripped his collar dragging it towards me. "You think you can play those fucking mind games with me. I almost got a heart attack thinking about it." He let a sigh, "Ishita... I was going to tell you about it on..." I yelled at him stopping him from further talking, "Shut up... you have no rights to make me feel like shit. I'm trying so hard to keep my feelings hell away from you because..."

He yelled back at me throwing my hands away from his collar, "Because of what... Do you think I was playing with your mind then no... remember when I told you that I had a surprise for you that day. This was the surprise... I was going to confess my genuine feeling but everything was screwed up. But I never blamed you and told you about everything honestly but what you did... tell me what you did Ishita. You said that it's complicated and I respected your decision. So, if you're going to stand there and blame me for playing games with you then I'm not gonna buy that shit of yours. The truth is you never cared for me it's always about you Ishita." I snapped out, "You seriously think I never cared..."

Armaan let a sigh and turned his face away, I pulled his arm making him face me "Tell me..." he exasperated, "Tell you what Ishita... You have been behaving weirdly since morning and I was trying to know how you were feeling and ease out any stress by having a conversation with you but all you did was sit there like a corpse not giving a shit." He walked away from me taking the stairs. I yelled at him, "Armaan..." he stopped at his track and lowered his head with a long sigh. My voice croaked, "You want to know what I feel... I love you Armaan... that's what I feel. But..." my body trembled. Kneeling on the floor I broke down in tears and repeated myself in a low cracking voice, "I love you Armaan..."

He rushed towards me and hugged me kneeling on the floor, "Ishita... I love you more than my life. Please... I'm sorry..." I let myself melt down in his embrace and cried my heart out. He stayed there like that hugging me till I calmed down, looking up at him my eyes burnt, and my throat dried. He wiped his tears and sniffed, "I'm sorry... I lost myself thinking that you were avoiding me because you don't care about my feeling.". With a small smile I confessed in a dry voice, "I wasn't avoiding you... I was trying to be like ordinary girls people love. The ideal wife every man wants..." he left a soft chuckle, "But I want you for myself, not for others. I love the girl who stuffed lettuce in my mouth when I spoke shit about her."

Biting my lower lips, I placed a smile on my face to cover up the emotions building inside me but the tears spilled my plan running down from my eyes. Armaan cupped my cheeks, "You don't need to be someone else... I love you the way you are..." and he captured my lips. 

Today's task: 40 votes + 35 comments

Hii there my lovely readers 🕮 Hope you liked this chapter, feel free to drop your suggestions and feedback related to the story.

If you want to know about me as an author follow me and drop a message in my inbox. I will surely reply to your text. Stay tuned for more such chapters coming soon💖

Vote and comment to help this book reach more readers...

Keep Reading Keep Smiling☺