Chapter 42

Third Person's POV:

Ishita cried for an hour sitting on the floor, her head felt heavy and her cheeks were numb. She sniffed wiped her tears and crawled up on the bed. Pulling the comforter, it still had the fragrance of Armaan's cologne, her body shivered as more tears came out of her eyes. She pulled his pillow close and mumbled to it, "How can you be such a jerk? A minute ago, you told me that you love me and in the next, you left." She hugged the pillow, "You didn't even let me tell you about my feelings..." her tears drenched the pillow and soon she drifted to sleep.

The next morning, she woke up with a severe headache and a high fever. Popping some pills, she got dressed and left for work to distract herself but her mind was still stuck in the other world. She tried to concentrate on work but ended up breaking a few glasses and shouting at poor employees. Ritika slowly stepped inside the lioness's den with shaking hands she passed her the coffee cup. "Ma'am..." Ishita glared up at her and took the coffee cup from her hand. Ritika cleared her throat, "Ma... Ma'am..." getting a stern look from Ishita she visibly gulped her fear. "Ma'am that..." Ishita snapped, "From last one minute you're bleating like a fucking goat... bring words out your mouth then I might understand what you want to ask? I can't read minds or it would have been fucking easy for me." Ishita crossed her arms and huffed in anger.

Ritika took a deep breath and uttered everything in one breath, "After the incident happened in the courtroom board members are not happy with you because some major projects are stopped considering you not a perfect fit for your position based on the employee reviews." Ishita's forehead ceased, "Why the hell someone will stop the work because someone criticized the owner? It's natural everyone hates the controller." Ritika bowed her head and called an employee to stack the employee review files on Ishita's desk.

The man who enters scrunched his nose seeing his boss for the first time reviewing the complaint applications. Ishita glared at the man giving her looks and picked up a file reading the first line she cackled, "Aggressive Angry bird..." she turned towards petrified Ritika and uttered in a dangerously low voice, "Do you think I'm an angry bird or aggressive? Like have I ever behaved like that..." Ritika wanted to scream yes but shook her head, "No... absolutely not." Ishita smirked and turned to the man who had just come, she looked up and down at him "If you're done giving looks then fuck off you creepy vaginal climber..." the man fled with his ass.

Ishita stood up and crossed her arms, "From now onwards don't waste paper writing complaints because I'm the humblest and most understanding female boss here. I will show the board members and the world that female bosses could have a face like me, not all are sluts. Find the most trending platform of youth I will have a little ted talk with the world. Then everyone else will get to know that my employees are morons." Ritika nodded her head scared that where this could lead because Ishita could explode anywhere as the employee reviews are right.

After a few hours, she passed her iPad to Ishita, "It's a podcast talk show which most shining faces of industries have been on but I think you should avoid it because of your bad mood. So, should I cancel it or..." Ritika anxious bites her fingers. Ishita huffed and threw her head back on the leather couch, "I would go because clearly, I need more distraction." Ritika raised her brows, "You know that's not brave..." she gestured for her to leave and pulled out a bottle of tequila.

After a few shots, she was pretty much relaxed as her mind was absorbing the pain under the influence of tequila. She slowly got up and walked towards the elevator hitting some things but ignoring them. Stepping out of the car paparazzi flashed cameras on her she gave her most realistic-looking wide grins but her eyes were telling a different story as she had heavy makeup on her eyes covering up the bags that formed due to continuing crying.