The Truth is Painful

She knew what was going to come next. The truth really does hurt after all. Will Xiao be able to handle it? Now her expression turns sad. She knows what she has to do. After some more light conversation, Zhongli returns before dark. Xiao had gone to sleep as he asked Lily to talk with him. They head to the balcony of the Inn. "We will be returning to my Adeptal Domain". 

Lily lowers her gaze. "Will he be able to take it?". Zhongli lightly sighs "I hope, but he needs to know". She grips her shoulder. "I'll be going then...". He nods as she heads to the room she rented. Lily slips into bed with comfortable clothes.

Lily wasn't ready for tomorrow. She places her hand on her head. "Mother, I need you...". Silence greets her. "Mother...". A tear falls as she closes her eyes. Guizhong appears in her room and lowers herself to Lily. She strokes her hair. 'Don't worry child. I'll be with you'. She disappears soon after. The night went by swiftly as dawn came. It was time. Lily wakes up and quickly gets ready. She runs down and greets Zhongli and Xiao. They all teleport to Zhongli's Domain. This time it was more peaceful and not surrounded by fog.

The Domain consisted of vast floating islands full of waterfalls and Glaza Lilies. They head deeper into the domain as they enter a place similar to the platform they woke up on. Zhongli signals Xiao to sit down. "You must have a lot of Questions, but first...". He looks at Lily, who sat down across from Xiao. "Xiao, prepare yourself". 

Zhongli begins to tell him the events after he sealed Xiao in the ravine. What shocked him the most was that the Yaksha's had all perished. His family had died, and he was now the only surviving Yaksha left.

Xiao starts to tremble as even more information is relayed to him. His body felt heavy like his Karmic debt began to threaten him. What Lily feared most came true. Zhongli stops as he sees the dark mist, she was talking about begin to form around them. 

Xiao's breathing became uneven as his vision blurs. The family he once knew is gone. Maybe he should just leave as well. His Karmic Debt was now swarming around them. Zhongli rushes to Xiao's side to try and calm him down, but nothing works.

Guizhong's voice suddenly comes into Lily's mind. 'You know what you must do'. She whispers something and her power also floods around them. "As per the Ancient Contract; I, Liliana shall protect Adeptus Xiao!". Her power swirls as her clothing turns into the Hanfu. Lily rushes to Xiao's side and covers his eyes with her hand. 

A glow comes from it as the Karmic Debt dissipates. Zhongli is left stunned as Xiao calms down. She places him on her lap and continues to pour her power into him. "It's ok...It's ok". Xiao's breathing even as she removes her hand from him. Zhongli finds Xiao had passed out. He looks at Lily and gasps. She looked just like Guizhong. "Lily...". Guizhong stops him and floats to her daughter. She goes to her ear and whispers 'It's gone. You did wonderful'. Lily closes her eyes and breathes in. "It has been done...". 

Her power returns within her. Her Goddess clothing dissipates into golden particles as she sighs in relief. Zhongli, who is still perplexed asks her "What did you do?". She shakes her head. "I am unable to relay any information". She too had her own contract. 

A/N: Hello! This chapter along with the next will have angst. (My other chapters probably had it too) If you were wondering what Lily's Goddess Outfit looked like A/N Part 2 has a pic of it and the details of it as well. Hope everyone has a great weekend! 

See you soon!

-Aria :-)