The Blight of the Forest

He wants her to sleep peacefully like that one night after the continuous nightmares. Xiao releases his hug and addresses his concern. "I am worried, my love. Please let me help". He places her on his lap. 

Lily looks up at him. "Xiao, I don't want to sleep". "I know" he says as he plays with her golden hair. She needs it as they are entering Sumeru next. Xiao lowers his head to her forehead and kisses it. Lily suddenly began to feel drowsy. She tries her best not to sleep. "Don't fight it. Let your body rest".

Lily lets go and dozes off to sleep. Relief flows over him; she's finally sleeping. Xiao takes a blanket out and wraps her before he picks her up bridal-style. He then focuses on finding a high point to fly most of the way. Xiao teleports a few times and finds a large hill with trees around them. 

He gets to the highest point and summons his wings. Flying will be exhausting but it's the best option. He knows the terrain from when Zhongli visited the Dendro Archon. He knew the safest route to get to their destination. A route to avoid any mortals.

From the description from Guizhong, Xiao could easily get there by nightfall, but Lily hasn't been to Sumeru since her father's death. And the way his wings are getting exhausted he must find a place to rest. Sumeru City wasn't an option so the small village in the Avidya Forest will do. 

Less humans in that place. Xiao flies down outside of the village and almost falls cutting his leg on a tree branch. He needs to work on landing with another person. He grunts "Just splendid!". He sighs and stands up.

Luckily it didn't wake Lily up. Xiao ignored the itching from his leg and continued to the village. It was all quiet until some shuffling was heard behind him. 'Xiao, behind you!'. Guizhong's warning came just in time before a Hilichurl could strike him. 

He grits his teeth and summons his power. The Hilichurl is struck by a blade of wind. 'More are advancing!'. 'Just great!' he thought. He didn't have time to summon his weapon as he suddenly hears "One with the forest!".

Six large green arrows directly take out multiple Hilichurls. 'Oh my, That's impressive'. A boy with a green bow turns to them. "What is someone doing in a Withering?!". The dust settles as the boy turns his angered expression into concern. 

He sees Xiao holding Lily along with the wound on his leg. The boy dissolves his bow and walks over to them. "Are you alright?". Xiao narrows his brow and tightens his hold on Lily. "Do not come any closer!". The boy stops halfway.

This person could be suspicious. "Master Tighnari!". A female voice came from behind. Xiao turns his head to see a girl walking toward them. His glare made her stop. "Collei, don't come any closer". 

Xiao's instinct to protect Lily was baring its fangs. "We mean you no harm. But I must advice leaving this place". Xiao could feel that the ground around them was tainted. He didn't like that feeling at all. 'Xiao, this place is not safe'. "Fine...Lead the way".

Some place other than here would be a lot better. Tighnari and Collei lead the couple into Gandharva Village. Xiao didn't like the amount of mortals around, but it's better than the city. The two lead them to a leaf-covered house. Medicinal plants were scattered here and there. 

Medical books were placed neatly on a table to the far left. Xiao quickly got the impression this boy may be a healer of sorts. "If you can sit over there". Xiao shoots the boy a glare for such a command but listens anyway. What does this boy have in mind?

A/N: Hi Everyone! While on the way to Lily's old village, Xiao accidentally comes into contact with the Withering. Xiao meets a mysterious boy with fluffy ears. He seems to be a healer.  I wander who this mysterious healer is. 

OMG!!!! Did you guys see the "Endless Suffering" Short Trailer? It came out this morning. Holy goodness that made me want to cry! There's a rumor that Xiao, Zhongli, and Venti all meet. Also, that Cloud Retainer will visit Liyue Harbor during the Lantern Rite in her human form! Geez, I can't wait anymore for 3.4! Since that short trailer sparked something in me, I am going to make a short that I'll post later on today. Also, I want to make a special that Lily takes Xiao to the Lantern Rite if we make it to 6,000 views!

See you soon! 

-Aria