The Invitation

(A/N: The pic above has nothing to do with the chapter, but I think it's cute. I wish Xiao and Ganyu had a better relationship. Lol! Xiao's expression is adorable!)

Floating above Liyue Harbor is the Jade Chamber. Owned by the Tianquan of the Qixing; Ninnguang. She is an important person in protecting Liyue from any and all threats. She receives all details regarding Liyue, even what happened with the Legendary Yaksha and his Companion. 

She was also the one who ordered the Millelith to bring the Adeptus back for treatment but was stopped by his companion. After hearing this she became very intrigued with them and wanted to learn more about them.

She wanted to meet them, but the time had to be right. Ninnguang was meticulous in planning her meeting with them before the festival. When Ganyu came with some details about the person she learned more about them. 

Her name was Liliana, but she preferred to be called Lily. That had little significance to her, but it was nice to know anyway. What fascinated her the most was the fact that a 'mortal' was able to break a 2000-year-old seal that even those who tried before couldn't. Most fascinating indeed.

Ninnguang truly felt like she was someone more than a mortal. She never really could confirm that until she had the meeting with Lily. Which was soon. The preparations for what she's calling the Rite of Welcoming is almost complete. She only needed a few things done before she could announce it. A knock at the door alerts her as someone enters. 

Ganyu enters and bows at her. "You wanted to see me Lady Ninnguang". She nods "From what you told me. You have a close relationship with the one I'd like to meet". Ganyu nods quietly "I am". Ninnguang smiles and curls her fingers together. "That's wonderful. May I ask if you could ask her to meet with me?". She nodded confused.

Ganyu is given a time and date that's only a few days away. She then walks to Wangshu Inn where Lily usually is. She enters the Inn and looks around for her. Verr notices this "Miss Ganyu, how may I help you?". She walks to her. "Do you know where I could find Lily?". 

Verr thinks for a few seconds. "Unfortunately, she's not here at the moment". Ganyu starts to feel discouraged. How is going to find her now? "But if you're looking for her, she's training with her companion in Bisui Plains". Ganyu thanks her and leaves the Inn.

Heading to Bisui Plains, Ganyu keeps a lookout for the pair. She spots two distant silhouettes with distinct auras. The thing with Lily and Xiao is that they have unique auras that can be detected by other Adepti or Visionbarrers. 

Ganyu begins to approach them, catching the attention of Xiao. He felt her presence when she entered where they were training. He sighs and signals to Lily to stop. "We have company". She dissolves her weapon and looks in the direction he was looking at. She notices Ganyu walking towards them.

A smile comes on Lily as she runs towards her. She embraces Ganyu with a hug, almost knocking her down. "Ganyu! It's been so long!". She pats Lily to give her a breather. "It's good to see you too, Lily". Ganyu then glances at Xiao. She bows to him. "It's good to see you, Conqueror of Demons". 

Lily raises her brow and looks at Xiao. "What a weird title; Conqueror of Demons". He grunts at her giggle. "I'm oh so sorry that I called you weird". He looks away and crosses his arms. Ganyu looks at them in disbelief. Lily called Xiao weird, and he didn't get mad.

She knows a completely different Xiao than what she just saw. He seemed more mellowed out the last time they spoke. She never really got to know him on a personal level like Lily does. "So, what're doing here?". 

Ganyu snapped out of her thoughts. "I came to give you an Invitation". She hands her an envelope embroidered with Gold. "Holy goodness!". Her weird statement started them. "It's made of Gold!". That's not important right now Lily! 

A/N: Hi!!! Thank you for 600+ views! I am so thankful! Thank you yet again! For those who voted (Do you call them stars?) thank you! That meant a lot for me as well! 

Wow, an invitation from Ninnguang?! What's in store for Lily? Lol, I love Lily's reaction to the letter! The next Chapter will be out soon. It'll shine some light on the current situation! 

See you soon!

-Aria :-)