Questions about one Another

The Morning sun greeted Lily as she woke up. She yawns and sits up in bed. Xiao greeted her. "Morning, flower". Lily smiles "Morning, my love". She slept pretty well last night. The two get ready to leave as Xiao disappears and reappears on top of the Inn while Lily checks out. 

Was this a way for them to cut the cost of Mora? Who knows? It could be so Xiao doesn't have to interact with others. Lily leaves the Inn and glances at Xiao. her way to signal to him the coast was clear. He teleports down to her side. "Everything done?". She nods.

The two continue their journey. To keep out the rather awkward silence the two would ask questions about their past. Even though they've been together for a few months the two still don't know a lot about each other. 

With everything going on they haven't been able to properly sit down and chat. Xiao went first. "What was your father like?". That was a unique question to ask. "He was brave just like you" said Lily with a smile. Xiao is brave but does he see that? "My father was the aid to the village chief and commander to Hisano's battalion".

Lily glances towards the sky. "Dad was someone you could rely on. Someone who helps out everyone". Issac was a kind man loved by the village. He fought in wars and even commanded them. He was very loyal to Hisano. He was a loyal father and raised Lily right. 

He gave her a good home and family. But sadly, he was killed in a horrific accident. "A kind man that even with a strange child still did everything in his power to allow me to have a wonderful childhood". 'Strange child?' he thought.

She is very different from others so was she bullied or had little friends? "Were the humans not fond of you?". Lily stops in place. She turns her head away. "Yes, I rarely had any friends. Dad was rather careful to not let anyone find out about my origins". Her power would slowly grow everyday hence the visits with Madam Ping. Xiao could sense that this was a sensitive topic. "I tried my best to make friends, but I felt like I didn't belong. Later on, I learned why". Her learning of her origins shook her world.

Being Half-Human made Lily feel out of place for a long time. Guizhong taught her a few things on how to cope with being half-human, but that subject would always return. She didn't mind being around humans after conquering her fear of crowds. 

It's just that neglecting either side of her returns that feeling of not belonging. She later embraced who she was and accepted it. It's just that this feeling always returns. The run-in with Shenhe reminded her of her mortal side. It may be time to embrace that side again.

A few more questions later, it was time for Lily to ask. Honestly, she already knew a lot due to the contract and from Guizhong. But one thing she does not know; the first encounter with Xiao and Zhongli. "You don't have to answer, but how was your first encounter with Zhongli?". 

Xiao was taken aback by the question but answered anyway. "Frightening. The day Lord Morax saved me from my previous cruel master was extremely frightening. I was severely injured after that battle and was taken in by him. I believed that he would execute me, but I was wrong".

Zhongli saved Xiao and with the help of Guizhong nursed him back to health. Guizhong's voice came into her mind. 'Xiao was frightened of me as well. It took a while to earn his trust'. "Lord Morax gave me the name Xiao and released me from the endless pain I endured". She was happy that Zhongli found him that day. 

She's very grateful to him. "I had a difficult time adjusting after that day. Lady Guizhong was very welcoming and helped me to regain my confidence". He talked for some more with Lily listening intently. Xiao had gotten out of one of his darkest times and into the light. But that changed one day with an intense karmic attack. He was placed into a barrier until Lily found him. She brought him back into the light. 

A/N: Hi Guys! So sorry about the weird double chapter the other day. I have no clue why it did that. So here's the new chapter. Hopefully this doesn't happen again. 

See you soon! 

-Aria