Reassuring the Others

Time to tell Verr and Huai'an about their vacation. "Oh my, I hope you have a safe trip Lily and Xiao". Xiao hums at her "We will". Lily opted to tell her that they were going on a short break due to their constant battling. It was safer to say than saying they're going to visit a 2000+ year old grave. 

Next up was to tell the others in Liyue Harbor. Lily took care of telling the others while Xiao went to visit Zhongli. Xiao arrives at his house and is greeted by Zhongli at the door. "My Lord...". He is stopped by him. "Come in".

He walks into Zhongli's house for a talk. The two sat down together in Zhongli's living room. Zhongli felt Xiao's presence in the Harbor and had a feeling he'd come and visit. "I apologize for my rather sudden appearance". Zhongli shakes his head. "Not at all Xiao. You're always welcome to come visit me". 

Maybe he could do that more in the future. "I've come to tell you about my departure with Lily. We'll be gone for a few days". Zhongli hums "May I ask what brought this on?". It was more curiosity than anything.

Xiao would never want to leave Liyue but since the dissolvement of their contact Xiao has more freedom. "The anniversary of Lily's father's death is almost upon us". 'Aw, that's why Lily has been acting rather strange lately' he thought. "It's a mortal custom to visit loved ones' graves on the day they died". 

Xiao nods "A rather odd custom but I cannot complain after all my flower is half-human". Indeed, she is. With her father's death coming up, how has she been? "If the anniversary is almost here how's Lily been faring?".

He tells Zhongli about the constant nightmares she's been having. "Hmm, a rather frightening ordeal she must've gone through". Xiao also tells him about the images of her nightmares. "Then it's true...". A pause with Xiao raising a brow. "Lily's power drew those demons to her. It's very possible she's at fault for her father's death".

 Xiao's blood ran cold. Lily mustn't find out about this. "But she had no control over this". Xiao nods to him. They talk some more with Zhongli recommending not to relay that information to her.

Lily finishes up with telling everyone about her "vacation". She teleports to the destination Xiao mentioned with stuff in hand. Lily greets Xiao. "What's all of this?" he asked. "Some things from my friends". 

She held some traveling essentials; medicine from Madam Ping, snacks from Lady Ninnguang and Xiangling, and two blankets from Yanfei. Yanfei, Ganyu and Madam Ping were told the truth. Xiao sighs "They make it as though we're leaving for a long time". It felt like that when Lily went to see them.

All the essentials were placed inside Lily's mini dimension given to her by Guizhong. They begin to leave for the trip. Xiao suggested he fly her to the destination, but Lily wanted to enjoy just walking with him. Though they would teleport if they needed to. 

The couple make it to the edge of Liyue by sundown. Lily took out her map to find the nearest Inn. She did not want to sleep outside. Not from Aether's stories. "Xiao, there's an Inn just a couple miles away". Xiao tells her to be careful and to call him into their room.

She enters the small village and finds the Inn. "One room please". The receptionist nods and hands her a key. Lily enters the room and places her bag down on the floor. "Xiao". He appears in the room. Lily sits on the bed yawning. "Get some rest, my flower". Lily nods and heads to bed. Xiao spent the night on guard duty. 

He didn't want any harm to come to his mate. He won't let anyone harm her. The night was rather peaceful. Xiao didn't sense any demons around or any malicious intent. He was content with the peacefulness and even took a nap. The Morning would soon come for the couple.

A/N: Hi! My normal schedule has come back! This coming up chapters has a lot! I hope everyone will enjoy them!

See you soon! 

- Aria