Valentine's Day Special

A/N: Happy Valentine's Day everyone! I know this isn't part 2 of the Lantern Rite but I couldn't resist doing this! Enjoy this short with cheesy riddles and weird scavenger hunt! Before you read the Italics words are things you guys can choose. (It'll make since as you read. I was rather lazy and didn't want to make up stuff so I was like hey you guys can choose!) You guys can also choose Lily's outfit (if you want). 

Modern AU 

The morning sunshine shined on her face as Lily woke up in her apartment. She expected to be greeted by her fiancé but is greeted by a big teddy bear and a box of chocolates. A note was neatly placed on the bear's arm. 

Lily opened the note that read "Happy Valentine's Day, my darling flower, today I've got a special day planned for you. Knowing your love for scavenger hunts I've prepared a Valentine's themed Scavenger Hunt for you today. At the end is a special surprise". A special made by Xiao just for her.

This got her blood pumped. She loved doing these and quickly got out of bed. She got dressed and hugged her parent's photo and left their bedroom. In the kitchen was a plate of her favorite breakfast. Lily smiled and happily ate her breakfast. 

Once she was done, she moved the plate and found a red heart under it. She puts the plate in the sink and opens the heart. "I hope you enjoyed your breakfast. Your first clue is located at our favorite coffee shop".

Lily heads out of the apartment locking the door behind her. She goes to look for her car but doesn't find it. "One ticket for Ms. Lily". Lily turns her head and is met with Zhongli. "Zhongli?". He smiles at her "A special ride for you". He gestures to her to get into a fancy car behind him. 

She gets in and finds something next to. "What's this?". Another gift. She opens the gift and finds a crystal necklace inside. She smiles and places the gift in her bag. They arrive at their favorite coffee shop as Zhongli helps her out. "Enjoy".

She nods and walks into the place. The place looked normal. Confused, she looked around and saw that their favorite spot was decorated with valentine's balloons. A small teddy bear that was embroidered with her name sat in the middle of the table. 

Lily sits down at the table awaiting a server but is surprised when one of her best friend's greets her with her favorite drink. "Lumine!". She gets up and hugs her. "It's so good to see you!". Lumine smiles "You too. I've got something for you".

Lumine hands her the drink and sits down next to her. The two talk for a while and catch up. Lily was so happy to see Lumine after so long. After a while, Lumine gives Lily her first clue and wishes her luck. Lily opens her second red heart. 

"No words cannot express how much I love you. I wonder what word I should express. A place full of learning is where I can find the answer". Lily tilts her head. A little vague, but she doesn't like it to be easy. She racks her brain as she drinks her drink. A place full of learning and words.

Sounds like a library. There is one near her. Lily wakes goodbye to Lumine and heads to the library. She heads inside and looks for the next clue. The place is massive, so it'll take her a little while. Heading to the second floor she finds a table with her name on it. 

She sits down and finds a book decorated with pictures. She scans through it and finds all of the places her and Xiao visited. She couldn't help but smile. Once she was finished, she was about to get up and look for a red heart, but someone walks up. "For you my liege".

Lily looks up and sees Xingqiu handing her a red heart. "Xingqiu!". She hugs him. "It's good to see you, Lily". "Shh!". She turns her head and finds Chongyun walking to them. Lily turns and also hugs them. "Woah!". The two chuckle at Lily. "I haven't seen you two in a while!". "Indeed, someone asked us to greet you here with your next clue". 

Lumine said something similar to her. It most definitely is Xiao. she'll have to thank him later. The three of them talk to each other and wish Lily luck. The heart read "I have found what I have seeked for, but it seems that it's still out of reach. A place that houses sunlight will surely grow what I need".

That was even more vague than the first one. A place that houses sunlight and grows something. Out of all of the places she could think of, it is a Greenhouse. But the closest one was four blocks away. Lily heads out of the library and looks for a ride. Low and behold, 

Zhongli was waiting for her again. "May I take you to your next destination?". "Hehe, please". He nods and takes her to the greenhouse. The greenhouse was just as big as the library, maybe even bigger. Lily walks around looking for clues and runs into someone very familiar. "Aether!".

He turns around with a smile. "Hey, Lily!". She runs over to him and lightly hugs him. So many people she hasn't seen in a long time she saw today. "Haven't seen you in a while!". He nods "Yes, it's so good to see you!". "What're you doing here?" asked Lily. Aether winks at her "Someone asked me to accompany you to the next clue". She accompanies him to the next clue. While on the way they chat. Lily was happy to see another friend. 

Aether shows her the next clue. A fountain decorated with valentine's stuff greets her. "Oh my". It was lovely. Aether waves goodbye as she reads the last clue. "Here in the fountain of love I found something special. The water that flows like our love is strong, but a simple fountain cannot contain the love I feel for you. Seek a place where water never ends".

She laughs "That was very cheesy, my love". Before she left something in the water caught her eye. She reaches for it and takes out a waterproof bag. She opens the bag to find a pair of earrings identical to the necklace from earlier. 

She places it in her bag with the rest of the gifts and walks out. Lily was getting hungry and decided to grab a snack before venturing out again. "Miss, care for a snack?". "Indeed! It's to die for!". Two familiar voices called out for her. Lily turns and sees Xiangling and Hu Tao behind a stall.

Lily runs to them and embraces the two in a hug. "It's good to see you both!". "Haha! I've been dying to see you again, Lily" said Hu Tao. "Me too! I've made you a snack!". Like the others Lily chats with them. She had a fun time and eventually went on her way. Ok, finding a beach was next. "Ms. Lily...". That voice again. "Zhongli?". 

He had a suit on. "I've been asked to accompany you to your next destination". Ah, a walk with her future father-in-law. Sounds nice. He accompanies her to the last destination. This was where her big surprise was.

Zhongli takes her to a beach that has a rose petal path going further down. "This is where we part". She nods and follows the path. It wasn't long and immediately saw the one person she'd been waiting to see. Her love who was in a little pavilion holding a big bouquet of glaze lilies greets her. "Xiao!!". 

Lily embraces him in a tight hug. "My love! I've found you!". Xiao uses his free hand and caresses her head. "I am so happy you found me, my flower". Lily lets go as Xiao hands her the bouquet. Xiao was in a suit just like Zhongli.

Lily smiles "You look marvelous in that outfit, my sweet honey bear". He smiles "Not as extravagant as you, my sunshine". She chuckles "Thank you". He nods "I have one more present for you, please close your eyes". Lily closes her eyes as Xiao gets his last present. It was small but worth all the scavenging today. "Open your eyes". She sees two tickets to a trip she's been wanting to go on for years. 

She gasps "Oh my! You didn't!". He nods "Yes, an all-inclusive cruise trip around Teyvat". Lily hugs him again. "Hehe! Thank you!!". "You're very welcome again". Lily enjoys the rest of the day with Xiao as the couple goes out to a fancy restaurant and heads home to plan their trip. 

A/N: I hope you guys enjoyed this cringy special. I based this off of valentine's stories from my parents. For those who are in a relationship and those who aren't Happy Valentine's Day. Part 2 will be out soon. Hope you guys like it as well. 

See you soon! 

-Aria