What have I done?!

An additional week was used before Xiao was to awaken. Lily was not told when they'll wake him up. That was done for her to recover. Madam Ping readied the Waking Incense and Calming Incense. Zhongli accompanied her just in case. Xiao wakes up feeling better. 

He turns his head to his Lord. "Good morning, Xiao". He yawned and sat up. "Woah, easy there". Why did he need to take it easy? He felt fine. "My Lord, I feel fine". Xiao looks around for Lily. "Where's Lily?". Ok, here it comes. "Xiao, I..". A pause with a hint of uncertainty in his voice.

He glares straight at Zhongli. "You said she was fine. I-Is she not?!". The nightmare came to mind. "Master, what happened to her?!". Zhongli looks at Madam Ping who readies her supplies. "She's injured". Xiao's world shattered. It was true he wounded her. 

He had hurt his sunshine. "I-I n-o! S-She can't be h-hurt!". Xiao's eyes widened in fear and grabbed his head. He was about to scream but a hand covered his mouth and a bottle with perfume was put under his nose. He was forced to inhale the perfume.

This is what Zhongli feared. "Xiao calm yourself". Tears fell as Xiao continued to inhale the perfume. His uneven breathing smoothed as the perfume began to take effect. The perfume was a strong calming sedative. Zhongli releases him and places him back down. 

The sedative made Xiao alert but groggy. Almost like he was in a trance. Zhongli sat down on a chair to keep an eye on Xiao. Madam Ping leaves the two alone. "Xiao, you must remain calm". How could he do that? He injured someone dear to him. "I-I can't".

Didn't look like it but he was much calmer. Xiao was trying his best to fight the sedative. "You didn't injure her. It was your Karmic Debt". Xiao shudders "It was still me". Zhongli couldn't say anything to that. It was still him under that corruption. "Yes, but it was Lily who sent her spirit back to the past". 

Wait hold on a minute! "I went back to the past?!". Zhongli slowly nods. "The dark energy that took over you sent your spirit back for one goal". Now Xiao remembers; Hisano! "Its goal was to kill Hisano, and it succeeded".

Yet another bomb shell placed on him. He injured Lily and on top of that killed another God. Tears fell yet again. He went against his own promise; "I shall not kill Anymore". Xiao covers his eyes and hiccups. "Master, what did I do?!". He felt like a wreck, emotionally and physically. "Xiao this isn't your fault". 

Those words didn't have an effect on him. "I must repent!". Zhongli sighs and orders Xiao to stay in the room. He didn't have a choice anyway. The sedative was too strong. Xiao had sadly cried himself to sleep. Even a ruthless Yaksha as himself can still do it. He blames himself for what he'd done.

Over the next few days, Xiao's recovery was set in motion. He didn't want to admit it, but it was helping. He was still refused by Zhongli to leave the room or see Lily. Guilt and Melancholy overcame him. He's been 'repenting' ever since he woke up.

 He has closed everyone off during this time as well. Leaving those who care about him out of it isn't healthy at all. It'll just create more unwanted stress. Someone needed to do something before it spirals out of control. 

A/N: Hi Everyone! Poor Xiao! The Angst Train got to him! I never like hurting our baby! I do apologize for such a depressing chapter, but next chapter will have a sweet surprise!!!!

See you soon! 

-Aria