The Unforeseen Threat Part 2

(Please see the end for Important Notes)  

Lily's intuition was correct. There's a threat in the Chasm that's waiting for its target. The Qixing has been notified of this and closed off the Chasm to all workers and adventurers until the threat is dissolved. Everyone came together to form a plan. 

Zhongli, Xiao, Aether, Ganyu, Yanfei, and Lily will come together to fight this threat. Aether is able to transport everyone to the Chasm, but due to its sheer size, it'd be a fool's errand to go down there blindly. Locating the threat is the first step.

The trek to get to where the threat was sort of difficult. The Chasm is vast, and full of deep caverns. Any wrong move and the group could be stuck with no way out. That's the last thing they want to accomplish. Being vigilant of their surroundings is their first priority. 

The people among the group who were trapped in the Chasm don't want that to happen again. They don't have another way back if it did happen. If there was some sort of way to return then they could've used that before, but there's not.

Everyone enters the Chasm. Splitting up wasn't an option so the group stayed together. Aether's experience in the Chasm helped out the group tremendously. The trip around the Chasm could take days so everyone prepared beforehand. Supplies were gifted to them by Ninnguang. 

The group took an entire day to search for the threat and finally called it a day. Resting is something everyone needs, especially Xiao. Lily and Xiao both slept together in a tent next to everyone.

A few more days of searching came, and the threat was finally found. Aether's sensitivity to abyssal energy allowed the group to find the threat. Just like Aether thought. The threat is an Abyss Lector. 

It was gaining energy from the black ooze; Aether warned the others to stay clear from. "Oh~! It seems you've finally found me~!". Lily furrows her brow. It was like the thing was taunting them. "You will be stopped!" shouted Lily.

The Abyss Lector laughs. "On the quantaray, I've been assigned to take you~!". Lily widened her eyes. The Abyss knows her normal form? Xiao steps in front of a frightened Lily. "If you lay a finger on my mate, I won't hesitate to kill you!" growled Xiao. 

The Abyss Lector laughs again. "Tough words coming from such a low life~!". Even Zhongli was starting to get ticked off. Threatening his future daughter in law? That's a huge mistake. "You will regret those words!" yelled Zhongli.

He summons his polearm along with a pillar. The group are individually shielded by his power as the fight begins. Aether, Xiao, and Zhongli begin to attack the Abyss Lector as Lily, Ganyu, and Yanfei provide support. Elemental reactions light up around them. The Abyss Lector was Cryo so the elemental reactions helped greatly. 

Plunges from Xiao helped to weaken the Abyss Lector as well as several blows from Zhongli and Aether. Lily helped by healing the other's if they needed it. Support from Ganyu and Yanfei helped significantly. Ganyu's arrows helped pierce any armor protecting the Abyss Lector.

Yanfei's Pyro attacks weakened their target and allowed the others to make a few more final blows. The Abyss Lector finally is defeated. "Damn you! My plan was perfect!". Zhongli lowers his shields as the others relax. 

Aether along with Zhongli and Xiao go to integrate the Abyss Lector before it could escape. The girls huddle around. They're happy that the threat was dissolved. Everything was quiet until an unforeseen threat emerged. Screaming alerts the others as Lily was taken by another Abyss Lector.

This one however looked like some type of guard with Pyro surrounding it. Xiao quickly teleports to the girls but is stopped when the Abyss Lector holding Lily points a blade to her neck. "Any closer and this girl will die!". Some force is holding back Guizhong and Hisano from helping Lily. 

Zhongli could see his love struggling as he and Aether teleported to the others. "Release her!" yelled Xiao. "This girl is coming with us!". The Cryo Abyss Lector teleports to the one holding Lily. The others were at a huge disadvantage.

Fear for Lily's safety along with her fear overcame Xiao. "Mate in danger. Must protect Mate" screamed in his head. Golden wings emerge from Xiao's back as his primal instincts kick in. Xiao transforms into his illuminated form, shocking the others in the process. 

A large golden bird with teal-colored feathers emerges. Xiao screeches and attacks the Pyro and Cryo Abyss Lectors. Xiao's strength quickly overwhelms them as the Pyro Abyss Lector drops Lily. "Lily!" yelled Gany and Yanfei.

Their screams alert Xiao as he flies to his falling mate. He catches Lily on his back and directs his attention to the ones who tried to harm his flower. Xiao flaps multiple times at the Abyss Lectors causing Anemo to push them back. Now they were at a disadvantage. 

The Pyro Abyss Lector summons a portal and quickly disappears. With the threat gone, Xiao lowers to the ground and changes back into his mortal form while holding Lily. Lily had such a frightened look on her face as the other's came to check up on her.

She wouldn't let Xiao go. Lily cried into his embrace. "It's alright, my flower. I've got you, you're safe" said Xiao as he comforted Lily. After a little while Lily calms down and talks with the group. Somewhere near them, a figure in blue narrowed his eyes. "Just what does 

Lumine want with that girl?". Before he could be spotted, he conjures a portal and disappears. Aether looks to the direction where the figure in blue stood. A familiar feeling overcame Aether as he suspected who the person could be.

The group returns to the surface. Lily was happy to be back and the threat to be over with. Ganyu along with Yanfei leave to go report to Ninnguang and Madam Ping. Aether parts ways and says he'll visit later. There was something he needed to look at. Xiao, Zhongli, and Lily return to the Inn. 

Poor Lily was still shaken up. Xiao takes her to their room and then returns to Zhongli's side. "How is she?" asked Zhongli. Xiao glances back at the entrance "Still shaken up". Zhongli hums "It's understandable".

Lily could've been taken. She wasn't but it was a close call. Zhongli and Xiao talked some more before Xiao returned to their room. Lily was sitting on the edge of the bed slightly shivering. Hisano and Guizhong were speaking with her. 

Guizhong notices Xiao and floats over to him. 'She needs you right now, Xiao'. "I know". He walks over into her view. Lily glances at him and takes his hand. "Xiao, I was scared I-I couldn't do anything!". He embraces Lily in a hug. "It's alright you're safe. 

I promise to you that won't happen again". A silent promise was made between them. Lily cried on Xiao's shoulder as he comforted her. Nothing like that will happen again. Lily eventually falls asleep on Xiao. He leans in and kisses her cheek. "I promise no harm shall come to you again, my love". 

In the far corners of Teyvat, two Abyss Lectors return inside a palace, badly hurt. "P-Princess, we failed" said the Cryo Abyss Lector. A girl on a throne glared at them. "It's to be expected. I told you she was heavily protected". 

The girl sits up and walks to them. "Threatening Liyue wasn't part of the plan". The Abyss Lectors shiver. The girl raises her left arm as abyssal energy swirls around the Abyss Lectors. "Disobeying orders isn't something I tolerate!". "Princess, wait!". It was too late.

They disappeared. The girl sighs and returns to sit on the throne. "No matter. I'll have to do it myself then". She smiles as she glances at a golden-teal feather. "So, the little bird regained his true form. How nice". 

She laughs a couple of times. "Nothing will stop me from achieving my goal. Not a God, not a little bird, not even my foolish brother". She continues to laugh as darkness covers the palace once more.

A/N: Hi Everyone! I have some news. The upcoming week I am going on an Easter Trip to see my family, so I won't be able to upload for a little while. I deeply apologize for this, but I've been waiting for this trip since last year. I hope everyone understands. See you guys then!

Bonus points to whoever guesses who the figure in blue Aether sensed!

See you soon! 

-Aria