Repercussions

Hisano had returned Xiao's soul back to his weakened body. Xiao wakes up to hazy vision. He couldn't make out his surroundings and moving wasn't an option. Something kept him from moving even an inch. He tried to sit up, but a hand ceased his movements. "Easy child, you shouldn't be moving". 

Xiao glances to the right and sees Madam Ping. He tried to speak but yet again couldn't. "Do not talk either". The sudden memory of Lily shot into his mind. Xiao bolts up and looks around. "Li..ly, wh..ere?". Madam Ping sighs.

Another person walks in. "Xiao, you're awake". He turns his head to the voice and sees Zhongli. That wasn't the person he's looking for. Xiao placed his hand on his throat and spoke again. "Li..ly wh..ere?!". He coughed a little and glared at Zhongli. The intensity of his stare made Zhongli confess. "She's resting right now". 

Ok, that still didn't ease his worry. "Li..ly hu..rt?". Oh, Archons, he sounds like a toddler. Zhongli raises his brow. "She's perfectly fine". Xiao takes a sigh of relief and calms his body. "You must rest, child".

Xiao lays back down and falls back to sleep. "My Lord, why did you lie?". Zhongli sighs "If Xiao found her condition, then he wouldn't recover properly". Madam Ping stands up. "I'll tend to Liliana now. Please keep an eye on him". Zhongli nods as she leaves the room. 

Madam Ping then walks to where Lily was. She was on a bed with a bandaged chest. Lily had done the unthinkable and sent her spirit in the past. She tried to bring Xiao back but was struck by him. Her body paid the consequence of her actions.

She was lucky to be alive. Madam Ping knocks on the door and enters the room. Guizhong was floating around gathering various supplies. "My Lady, you should return". Guizhong turns to her. 'I cannot. I must tend to my child'. Seeing an injured child is the last thing any parent wants to see. 

Guizhong blamed herself for not trying to stop Lily. Even as a spirit, Guizhong can still be weakened. Not returning to her vessel can cause more harm than good. She continued to treat Lily causing her spirit to wane.

Madam Ping was about to speak when Zhongli entered. "Gui, you need to return". Her faded self-looked at a worried Zhongli. "Please, My Love, I cannot bear it if you too disappear". Guizhong sighs and gives into his request. She returns to Lily to recover her strength. Even Lily would ask for the same. She didn't want to lose another parent even if she was a spirit. 

Madam Ping then focused on finishing what Guizhong started. "She's just like her mother". Zhongli chuckles at Madam Ping. "Indeed, she is". Zhongli never knew Lily's father, but he felt like she was his child. Just like Xiao was a son to him.

Zhongli felt the need to take care of them both and that's what he did. He took turns with Madam Ping to watch over them. On occasion the two would flicker their eyes open but it wasn't enough to be called conscious. Madam Ping kept them both asleep. It was for them to both heal on their own. 

The last thing she needed was one of them to wake up and hear each other's conditions. Xiao was recovering from a Karmic Attack and Lily had a wound that he inflicted on her. Xiao didn't need another attack since Lily is in no condition to ease his Karma right now.

Stress was normal to build up during this time. The kids had their own recovery to do and Guizhong stubbornly came out from time to time. Zhongli couldn't blame her. She was a worried parent for their child. It's understandable the way she's not letting herself rest. Zhongli could only ask her to return if her spirit can't take it. 

Yanfei and Ganyu would on occasion enter to see how they were. Lily was like a sister to Ganyu and a friend to Yanfei. They too were concerned. This event was sudden and alarmed those around Lily. Even Aether heard about it though he had business to tend to and couldn't see her nor Xiao. 

A/N: Hi Everyone! The next path on the Angst Train is Recovery Lane! It'll be somewhat bumpy with a few rocks here and there. But I hope everyone enjoys it! 

I survived the hurricane with little damage to my house. I did lose power but it's back on now! I hope everyone stays safe! 

See you soon! 

-Aria